Hi guys

so ive been playing for a week and am learning how power chords work as i like punk and it will allow me to play some of my favorite songs.

Im having a really hard time keeping the hand shape and moving it around fast.

I know if all comes with practice but do you guys have any tips?

I wont want to cheat myself and learn only the two finger version so im going straight for the 3 finger but i find it hard to maintain positioning!

Im just playing basic things with string switches (Teen spirit and dammit are my main two for practice)

Thanks for any guidance i watched a bunch of youtube vids but they manage it so easily after years of practice its a bit tricky!

thanks for your time and any tips!
Hey try to keep your ring finger and pinky close when switching between power chords,it might help to try to use basic chords and switch between power chords.
Like try a Am basic chord C basic chord,and G power chord.That might help because your ring finger and pinky is usually what throws you off on three finger power chords.If you need more help just ask.
Quote by zachpack
Hey try to keep your ring finger and pinky close when switching between power chords,it might help to try to use basic chords and switch between power chords.
Like try a Am basic chord C basic chord,and G power chord.That might help because your ring finger and pinky is usually what throws you off on three finger power chords.If you need more help just ask.

yea its more getting the strech on the 2 fingers to get them near to the fret to reduce required pressure, at the moment i land in the middle or wrong end and done put enough pressure to play cleanly.
OK so you can get the power chord shape but you can't move it around fast?And are you holding the strings down if you move up or down the fretboard?
Quote by zachpack
OK so you can get the power chord shape but you can't move it around fast?And are you holding the strings down if you move up or down the fretboard?

i tend to lift and place, if you hold them down and move wont you get a messy sound?

Also its a lot to do with the string switch 5th-6th or vice versa...
Yeah if you hold them down and move you will get a messy sound.yeah I know it's hard to move to another string with power chords I had the same problem when I started.