Hello

I've been used to playing electric guitar with the sound from the amp filling out my room. But now since I've gotten myself a Taylor GS mini acoustic guitar, even though I love it, I find it difficult be to be satisfied with the unamplified volume I get when playing alone in my room.

I am now considering getting a JJB pickup installed in my GS mini, but I was wondering how it'll sound through the Roland 20XL cube amp that I currently use with my electric guitar. I have been told that the pickup is able to replicate the acoustic sound crystal clear, but will the cube ruin this signal?

Thanks

(I play fingerstyle)
Last edited by doode94 at Jun 3, 2013,
Well I put a Taki 12 string through a 100 marshall most weekends and get a real unique sound.
I must add the amp doesn't go through the PA. It would really depend on what you are trying to achieve. If what you want is pure acoustic sound, and you have a few bucks to spare, go get yourself an AER amp. If your happy with close enough then put your cube on clean.
I have to ask, why you would buy a Taylor GS mini if you wanted more volume? Cheers
Quote by tuxs
Well I put a Taki 12 string through a 100 marshall most weekends and get a real unique sound.
I must add the amp doesn't go through the PA. It would really depend on what you are trying to achieve. If what you want is pure acoustic sound, and you have a few bucks to spare, go get yourself an AER amp. If your happy with close enough then put your cube on clean.
I have to ask, why you would buy a Taylor GS mini if you wanted more volume? Cheers

Because I like to take it with me where ever I go and I prefer the smaller body/scale size to a standard dread, especially for fingerstyle
The Roland won't "destroy the signal", unless you help it to do so.

Generally, playing acoustic guitar through an electric amp, trhe plot is to use the pregain set very low, and the post or master turned down quite a bit. You just have to use clean settings, and that would limit the output. You're not going to get the clean you need or want, at the volumes you might like to have.

I use Peavey Vypyrs all the time to amp acoustics. You just kind of play, "spin the bottle" with the amp model knob, and stop when you hear a tone to suit the guitar, the condition of the strings, and your mood at the particular time.

Acoustic guitar amps have extended high frequency response, and can be a bit brittle sounding. They also pass the signal through very cleanly, as compared to an electric amp. With electrics you're playing the sound of the amp as much as the sound of the guitar. With acoustic amps, it's more like playing through a hi-fi system.