would you drink it right away? or take a sip if anything?
if the bottle was already opened, or even a mixed drink. like if it was handed to you by a stranger in between songs. would it matter if it was a male or female?

this may be a hypothetical question if you don't drink, not in a band or not gigging yet or maybe don't plan to.
^ yup same
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.
i'd drink it but that's just because i'm a risk-taker
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
i was gonna say i'd fake a sip from it and sit it down, but in all honesty i'd probably drink it... ¯\_(ツ_/¯

That would go on a table to the side and disappear down a sink at the end of the night, unless I'd seen them open it for me and watch it the whole time until it reached my hand.
if it hasn't been touched yet, drink up. You're not gonna get roofied on stage. What are they gonna do, watch you collapse on stage and drag your body to the parking lot?

I wouldn't drink someone's half beer, though, that's just gross.
Quote by cdgraves
if it hasn't been touched yet, drink up. You're not gonna get roofied on stage. What are they gonna do, watch you collapse on stage and drag your body to the parking lot?

well, i mean, it's not like anybody's gonna stop them lol
Quote by Kevätuhri

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Quote by cdgraves

Not necessarily, but I wouldn't put it past some asshole to slip you a doctored drink just to **** up the gig because, well, you passed out onstage. Whether you wind up in the parking lot or not, gig's ruined.
Your preferred news source is a site called "Total Frat Move"?

I've been bought many drinks. Usually it's just people being generous.
Quote by Hail
i'd drink it but that's just because i'm a risk-taker

That happened to me once, and I drank without thinking twice.
Thinking in retrospect, it might have not been the best idea.
Quote by Xiaoxi
The Byzantine scale was useful until the Ottoman scale came around and totally annihilated it.
Quote by AcousticMetal99
That would go on a table to the side and disappear down a sink at the end of the night, unless I'd seen them open it for me and watch it the whole time until it reached my hand.

i'd wanna hear the air come out of the bottle. otherwise the cap could have just been put back on after already being opened. if it's a twist off.
Quote by cdgraves

why would you not get roofied on stage? who's to say they want to drag you to a parking lot? maybe they just want to see you try and finish the set roofied, for a laugh.
even if you don't believe people are never like that, how do you never know there's not a first time?
Quote by cdgraves
if it hasn't been touched yet

if you're in the middle of playing a show, i highly doubt you can accurately track the drink from purchase to exchange and confidently say that it hasn't been tampered with
Quote by cdgraves

I've been bought many drinks. Usually it's just people being generous.

Bro, TFM is legit. What's the problem?
Quote by dog_style
why would you not get roofied on stage? who's to say they want to drag you to a parking lot? maybe they just want to see you try and finish the set roofied, for a laugh.
even if you don't believe people are never like that, how do you never know there's not a first time?

How do I know someone won't give me the Dimebag treatment? Seems more likely by the numbers. Best just not to go on stage at all and avoid the attention. Or stay inside completely.

Do you guys live in places where people randomly get roofied all the time or something? last I checked, people don't spend good money on drugs just to watch someone have a bad time. Really now, has this ever happened outside of urban legend?

And why is anyone complaining about free drugs?
Last edited by cdgraves at Jun 4, 2013,
Quote by cdgraves
How do I know someone won't give me the Dimebag treatment? Seems more likely by the numbers. Best just not to go on stage at all and avoid the attention. Or stay inside completely.

Do you guys live in places where people randomly get roofied all the time or something? last I checked, people don't spend good money on drugs just to watch someone have a bad time. Really now, has this ever happened outside of urban legend?

And why is anyone complaining about free drugs?

i wasn't there but i heard of a guy who got some kinda car fluid slipped into his beer, and he drank it. it was someone that i knew who's friend that this happened to long ago.
but who knows these days with people. why do you think everything has safety seals and what not on everything these days? even a bottle of coke.
maybe it might not be drugs, maybe just something floating in it that you don't realize that it's there until you get to the bottom. or you swallow some kind of object or slimy stuff.
if something weird like that happens once to you would you still keep taking the chance after? being it doesn't happen often.
Last edited by dog_style at Jun 5, 2013,
Depends on your band. If your a rockstar, hell no! If you play in bands like I do you have nothing to worry about.
sure i would, i wouldnt think twice. of course, i live in sweden, where we are not dicks to each other, ymmv
Quote by cdgraves

Well a lot of the people here get their music advice from a site called "Ultimate Guitar" so I assumed the source was acceptable.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by dog_style
i wasn't there but i heard of a guy

That's how you know it's true.

I love it when I hear stories like "Bro I got so sick, my drink was totally spiked. It was my 19th beer, but I totally know It wasn't the alcohol".
Drink it.

Cause that son of a bitch is taking you home!
Just another Sheep in the design of the Almighty Machine.

-GEAR-
Gibson 60s Les Paul Tribute (Sunburst)
1999 Ibanez RG470 (TitaniumIce-MIJ)
Jackson RR3 (Trans-Red)
Peavey 6505+
Podx3
Quote by 2PtDescartes
Depends on your band. If your a rockstar, hell no! If you play in bands like I do you have nothing to worry about.

well at your bands shows there's no one there to get you a beer in the first place
Quote by Kevätuhri

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Quote by cdgraves
That's how you know it's true.

I love it when I hear stories like "Bro I got so sick, my drink was totally spiked. It was my 19th beer, but I totally know It wasn't the alcohol".

i never said it was true, that's why i say i wasn't there, so it's taken in stride which goes without saying anyway.
even if that story isn't true, are you gonna keep doing it after if it happens once?