Short and sweet: Thinking about getting a new amp. Nothing immediate, but I want to know before I'm in the store this time, or at least have a good idea. Looking at Vox's line. I always hear people talk about how the AC15 and AC30 genuinely sound different and it's more than just a speaker and 15 watts you get with the AC30, or that some people genuinely are better off sticking with an AC15. Never had a chance to A/B them, so can someone give me an idea about what the tonal difference is?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Assuming we're talking about the AC15C1 vs the AC30C2 with the stock Greenbacks. There are lots of different models, and within the last few years the specs have changed considerably on a few of them. If you want thoughts on those, or the more expensive handwired series, we can address them, but I assume you mean the standard current lineup.

The most obvious difference is the headroom. The 30 has lots more than the 15, which starts to break up quite early.

Second I'd say is the way they break up. The 15 is a little more aggressive sounding, and isn't as chimey as the 30. To me the 30 is a bit more stately when pushed and the 15 is more snarly. Both are great, but definitely different.

The 15 also has less bass, so while the 15 and the 30 are both very midrange oriented, it's a bit more obvious on the 15.

The 30 has a tone control on the reverb, which gives it a bit more flexibility. It's also got an effects loop which you may or may not need depending on your setup and needs.

All in all, at certain volumes and settings you'd be hard-pressed to tell a difference, but for the most part the headroom and extra bass on the 30 gives it a wider range of available tones, while the 15 has a unique aggressiveness that comes at lower volumes.
Thank you for the clarification.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54