Hello ultimate guitar comunity.
I have a cheap acoustic guitar, I think it doesn't sound to good, but I'm a newbie, maybe I'm wrong but the sound is kind of dull... someone said it would be good to change the strings and that the guitar is fine.

But this is not the question. Please explain me how to make the guitar sound like the one in the video on youtube: watch?v=O9Q97-jXDdc
It sounds awesome, but I understand it's not the natural sound of the guitar, was thinking like a cheap method to put my mic next to guitar, and some computer software, but I think it's not really good, cause there is a big delay while processing the sound.

How can I enhance the sound of the guitar like in the video, what do I need to buy....
Please help me
Last edited by 0000000100 at Jun 3, 2013,
welcome to UG and specifically GGnA

1.) fix your link

2.) i don't know what it was about that tone that you llike so much. i hope for our sake that was not you trying to pump up your vid.

3.) if I had to guess, I'd say she is using an acoustic guitar amp, some reverb, some delay and maybe chorus. You would be hard pressed to get a microphone in there to create a similar tone - you need acoustic guitar pickups and an amp to start.

4.) I'm an idiot in this area and have no expertise so my advise is simply an educated guess.
Thanks for your reply.

1. The forums won't let me post a link, thats why I posted it this way, maybe there is another way, and I don't know.

2. It's not my vid, just an example of "enhanced" sound. I've seen this kind of sounds in lot of videos, and I want it to.

3. I've seen in a lot of videos, that it's a simple acoustic guitar, how to connect it to an guitar amp? I'm a total newb, I have no ideea.
Last edited by 0000000100 at Jun 4, 2013,
You'll need an acoustic/electric guitar, or a pickup that fits in the sound-hole of your guitar.

Something like this: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/seymour-duncan-sa-1-acoustic-pickup

You'll also want to get an amp specifically built for acoustic guitars.

EDIT: I remember being a newbie at this stuff...I also remember drooling over amps that were way out of my price range, not knowing that I could buy stuff for 1/4 of the price and still get it to sound great...Even so, it's an expensive hobby.
Last edited by The.new.guy at Jun 4, 2013,
An electro acoustic would be the best for this type of recording, plugged straight into a USB audio interface. From there record your playing into Studio One / Protools / Logic etc
Then add some effects. It'll be the cheapest & easiest way to produce this kind of sound.

PS You're wasting your time attempting to recreate this. Just buy yourself an electro acoustic guitar & buy a bottom end acoustic amp with built in effects. Ideal for beginners.
Quote by AndyGray
An electro acoustic would be the best for this type of recording, plugged straight into a USB audio interface. From there record your playing into Studio One / Protools / Logic etc
Then add some effects. It'll be the cheapest & easiest way to produce this kind of sound.

PS You're wasting your time attempting to recreate this. Just buy yourself an electro acoustic guitar & buy a bottom end acoustic amp with built in effects. Ideal for beginners.

+1 I should've been more clear on what would be cheapest for a beginner.
There is another cheaper route (but you will still need an amp...
If you have a small electronics store (Like Radioshack), you can get a piezo buzzer, like the kind you would use for a smoke detector, wire it up to a volume control, then an output jack then you can secure it all with double back tape. However, if you ever remove it it may damage the finish on the guitar, but since you say its a cheap guitar, thats probably not a concern.

The deluxe method (only if you are comfortable with DIY and drilling a few holes in the guitar), is to glue the buzzer under the bridge (Or a close to the bridge a you can get it), and have all you controls,wiring, and connections inside the guitar.
But thats not for the faint of heart. And it is kind of a pain in the ass to do it.

I myself used a dual output piezo buzzer, putting a cap inline between one of the buzzer elements and switch and the other piezo connection straight to the switch so I could switch between the piezo elements.
And a standard tone control along with the volume control.
Giving me the equivalent of a bridge and neck pickup type variation.

The Piezo buzzers are $2 - $5.

There was a tutorial on doing this here a few years ago.
Heres a link to my post, but read the whole thread if this interests you:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=13449926&postcount=107
Last edited by CodeMonk at Jun 4, 2013,