How hard is it to get a job at Hot Topic? Is anywhere familiar with the interviewing and application process?

I've always been a fan of Hot Topic and shop there on a regular basis. It's a great store for people that aren't afraid to be themselves and shop there instead of mainstream stores because society says you have to.
"Now I'm free fallin, yeah head first, red hat to the back like Fred Durst" - Lil Wayne
TIL: Hot Topic still exists.
Quote by whywefight
This man speaks truth and has a beastly username.

Quote by Saint78
you are a beautiful person.
My local Hot Topic is flooded with My Little Pony shirts.

I'm not sure what to make of it anymore.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
You have a fantastic username
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by MakinLattes
I'm pretty sure you just have to be a douche to work there.

Just like Guitar Center.

Even though it's a place that carries things I have more interest in than a lot of stores, Hot Topic just straight up blows and I can't say I'd be proud to work there. Considering the level they play their shitty music at I think I'd quit within a few days.

Quote by MinterMan22
neither is that song

The person that made that video should be shot
Last edited by Rockford_rocks at Jun 4, 2013,
Quote by whywefight
I've never met a decent Hot Topic employee and I've never met a douchey GC employee

You must have a good location. The staff (and the prices) is the reason I never go to GC anymore.
Almost every guitar store employee I've met has been cool. Even the head of the Best Buy music department was pretty down-to-earth.

It probably has something to do with the guitar-store-to-person ratio in my state. Which, by the way, is probably about 1: 50,000
Quote by whywefight
Almost every guitar store employee I've met has been cool. Even the head of the Best Buy music department was pretty down-to-earth.

It probably has something to do with the guitar-store-to-person ratio in my state. Which, by the way, is probably about 1: 50,000

We have some other guitar stores around where I live, most of them small locally owned ones. One in particular has the best employees (I'm friends with quite a few, including the owner), a great teaching staff and pretty good prices (my dad bought a nice Alvarez on a "scratch and dent" sale for 300, nothing was wrong with it). It's closer than GC and Best Buy, too, so I have no reason to go to them.
Definitely one of the best satire threads I've seen in a while. Keep it up, Bilbo.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Decent op was decent. I know a dude who got a job at Hot Topic and he's one of the nicest (and most metal) people I've ever met.
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
Niggas talking real reckless. Stuntmen.

Seriously though, has anyone ever worked there? What's the company culture like and what type of exit opportunities are offered there? I plan to apply to UPenn my junior year of high school, do you think having Hot Topic on my college application will put be a cut above other applicants?
"Now I'm free fallin, yeah head first, red hat to the back like Fred Durst" - Lil Wayne
Quote by Bilbo Swaggins
do you think having Hot Topic on my college application will put be a cut above other applicants?

YOLO BRUH, YOLO.
im pretty sure it's not hard to get a job at hot topic

however if you do get a job there, i will start referring to you as Dildo Faggins

just giving you fair warning
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Bilbo Swaggins

Seriously though, has anyone ever worked there? What's the company culture like and what type of exit opportunities are offered there? I plan to apply to UPenn my junior year of high school, do you think having Hot Topic on my college application will put be a cut above other applicants?

There's no way this is a real account.

...right?
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
Quote by Bilbo Swaggins

Quote by Jako215
Go find a job at a better establishment like McDonalds or KFC.

The problem with that is I am a vegan and will not compromise my values for a minimum wage job. My values are for sale and would have to problem ignoring them if it meant I was making large sums of money.
Quote by Jako215
Everybody knows fast food restaurants don't use real meats.

I will never work at an establishment that emphasizes the consumption of animal flesh. Unless of course they pay me enough money.
Quote by whywefight
I've never met a decent Hot Topic employee and I've never met a douchey GC employee

It's weird, my local Hot Topic actually has a lot of friendly people working at it. Come to think of it, I can only remember one guy who worked there who was kind of unpleasant to everyone, and he didn't last very long there. I guess my Hot Topic has a good manager.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Hot Topic is SO goth, TS. Like Manson shops there.

I mostly shop there because my idols Jacob Bannon and Lloyd Blankfein shop there.
Quote by Bilbo Swaggins
I mostly shop there because my idols Jacob Bannon and Lloyd Blankfein shop there.

I thought Hot Topic stopped selling goth merchandise. Last time i went to one, had Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga merchandise right next to Evanscence and such.
Quote by Axelfox
I thought Hot Topic stopped selling goth merchandise. Last time i went to one, had Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga merchandise right next to Evanscence and such.

That's one of the things I like about Hot Topic. It doesn't cater to one specific demographic. It welcomes people of all colors and creeds.