I want to start classical guitar, but have no idea on where to start. Could you recommend some compositions/composers that are kinda basic to it? Maybe a book?
I thought to start with Carcassi caprices...

I play electric & acoustic(by this I mean other stuff on acoustic), so my technique is well rounded.
Classical guitar technique is very specific and differs considerably from a lot of other guitar practices.
Teachers spend a lot of time on the student's "embrochure"....The specific method and position of holding the instrument, the very specific right-hand techniques, nail care, and so forth.

So, if you intend to play "classical guitar" seriously, you might find that if you are self-taught that when you try to play with classically-trained guitarists they will look at you funny....
However if you just want to learn some tunes on a nylon-strung guitar then go to it.
Do you have a nylon string classical guitar? Once you have one search for a local teacher and take a couple of lessons. Tell them you want to learn a graded syllabus and they should be able to point you in the right direction.

Take a look at www.allguitarlessons.com for tips for beginners.
Last edited by cahillee at Aug 8, 2013,