So I bought an Egnater Rebel 30 head secondhand a few months ago. No problems with it, lovely piece of gear. However I wasn't provided with a footswitch, and was wondering what I could use instead since I can't find a replacement footswitch for it anywhere. It needs to be a dual function footswitch.

The original footswitch is this

Would I be able to use this for example? (or any dual function footswitch)

Thanks for any replys.
Quote by higgycr
if its just a standard quarter inch jack switch it should work fine

This. Generally, a 2-button footswitch is a ring/tip application to be used with a stereo instrument cable. If it has a quarter inch jack for a pedal, go ahead and use whatever will plug into it.
Not all footswitches work with all amps. I don't know why or how to check, but I'd not buy & just assume it would work.
so essentially would a boss FS-6 dual footswitch work, if i plug it into the A+B slot?

that way I could use the footswitch for other things when required? save myself money for future uses.

Quote by AndyGray
Not all footswitches work with all amps. I don't know why or how to check, but I'd not buy & just assume it would work.

I think it has something to do with voltage differences. A footswitch that I picked up for my ENGL e530 doesn't work and the LEDs are always on and don't light up all the way.

Nonetheless, I forgot about this. Thanks for filling that in. I can only assume that almost every footswitch on MF, GC, Sweetwater, etc. will work, but since you mentioned this, I'm not entirely sure.

...Dammit.

EDIT: That Boss should work, but keep in mind that it requires batteries to operate. I have one and hate the damn thing because it sucks up batteries. I don't even bother using it anymore because of the cost of 9v batteries and my tendency to forget to unplug it. Also, taking AndyGrey's comment into consideration, buy it from somewhere where you can either try it with your amp, or send it back if it doesn't work.
Last edited by The.new.guy at Jun 4, 2013,