Page 1 of 3
So my band got a review today: http://www.punkprospect.com/boundary-if-looks-could-kill/4576974984

2/10 and an extremely harsh review - i don't expect you to listen to the E.P but is it just me or does that sound like we're being bashed for the sake of it rather than objectively reviewed?

Everyone has an opinion and mines no more valid than the reviewer, i just thought they've gone a little all-out with their comments.

- Nick
Overall, 'If Looks Could Kill' is one of those rare outcomes of rock music that makes it a challenge to find something positive about. Even the album cover doesn't make any sense, which is the point where the audible and visual defeat join up in a powerful disaster.

Ouch.

Did you run over their cat or something?
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
"The first song of the EP, 'Looks Could Kill,' ascertains that sound could kill too."

That's pretty good!

Anyway hater gon hate, old boy. That reviewer doesn't sound like your kind of audience anyway.
I'm all for constructive criticism - and you can't please everyone obviously, but this girl sounds like she's got it in for us!
yup they set out to dot yer eye with that review. print out the review and put it on the club house dart board.
I've not listened to your EP, so I can't really comment - but it does seem like whoever wrote the review was taking out some frustrations on you. They don't seem to offer an opinion on the music as much as they seem to be looking for witticisms with which to put you down.

The one thing I can agree with them on though, is that the cover art is fucking horrible.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Even the disclaimer on the Contact Us form is agressive: http://www.punkprospect.com/contact-us/4575577922

DON'T AGREE WITH WHAT WE'VE WRITTEN ABOUT YOU?

If you don't like what we have to say about your band, our advice to you is this:

Stop being such a pussy and man up. If you can't take criticism, quite frankly you're in the wrong business. You came to us for an honest opinion and we gave it to you. Stop crying.

I think they're just hxc punk as fuck punx.
Quote by Bassface7
So my band got a review today: http://www.punkprospect.com/boundary-if-looks-could-kill/4576974984

2/10 and an extremely harsh review - i don't expect you to listen to the E.P but is it just me or does that sound like we're being bashed for the sake of it rather than objectively reviewed?

Everyone has an opinion and mines no more valid than the reviewer, i just thought they've gone a little all-out with their comments.

- Nick

oh god, someone got massacred by that review. Now I'm actually curious to the music. Where can I find it?
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
I assume they're being jerks because it's more interesting to read a review like that instead of a straight-up review. I don't know why he keeps talking about Panic!. I don't know if you wanted any criticism, but the biggest weakness in my opinion is the vocals.

^ here
https://www.facebook ~~ com/boundaryband/app_178091127385
PS I don't understand "forbidden link"s, so I don't know how I should do links lol.
Last edited by RealUnrealRob at Jun 4, 2013,
Quote by Rust_E_Stringz
yup they set out to dot yer eye with that review. print out the review and put it on the club house dart board.

do this and watch your friends revel at you badass you are

listening to your band. that review is normally reserved for bands that are brokencyde-level bad.... you guys are nowhere near that bad.

entirely possible \/
Last edited by whywefight at Jun 4, 2013,
Her last pen name... er... pen last name (?)... is Zombiecat. What did you expect?

Still after checking out your tunes on Facebook, I have to agree with most of it.

If there was a textbook on writing the most generic, tedious, teenage five-minutes-in-the-sun rock, Boundary would have written it.

More suitable for a teenage emo band of the likes of Blood on the Dancefloor and My Chemical Romance, Joe Jelley's whimpering vocals hammer out a colourless piece of music even the 12-year old you would hate.

Those are pretty spot-on.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
WOw the singer is terrible. Riffs are generic. Not a 2, but certainly not a 5.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
With stronger vocals, Beautiful Disaster would be a pretty awesome song to listen to. Lessons.
Wasn't 2/10 bad, for the genre I mean.

edit: most of that site's negative scoring reviews are pretty much on the critical and angry side rather than the constructive though.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Yeah, I'm listening to If Looks Could Kill and I think the review was extreme for controversial purposes but I don't like it either. I don't normally care for this type of music but I don't really see anything to set it apart from the rest.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
They are right about the 1st ep being better though.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I listened to "If looks could kill" and thought it was pretty good, even though im not a fan of that kind of music. That chick is just going for the whole mean critic schtick that got old like 10 years ago.

Vocals are too high and whiny sometimes though and the cover art looks like you did it in ms paint.
Last edited by Gantz92 at Jun 4, 2013,
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
Yeah, I'm listening to If Looks Could Kill and I think the review was extreme for controversial purposes but I don't like it either. I don't normally care for this type of music but I don't really see anything to set it apart from the rest.

This sort of review i would accept without question: I can understand people thinking its generic, and i certainly understand it not being your type of music.

Seems the consensus is that the review was overly harsh then
your band sounds like pop punk, and i'm pretty sure 2/10 is the highest you can get with that

so by pop punk standards you got 10/10
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Review wasn't constructive but why would it be? It's a critical review of your work.

2 stars is probably accurate. Generic sound, crappy writing, weak vocals, crappy production, terrible ideas in some songs (who chose the siren?).

Whilst this band is your baby take the fact that your sound is generic and work with it. How can you become more unique?
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Bringing back Panic! At The Disco? Holy hell that's as low as it can possibly go. No band deserves that reputation.

But seriously, by the looks of that site, he's no professional reviewer. By the look of it, he's judging more based off his own taste and expectation rather than judging the music itself.

But don't let it bother you. It doesn't matter if nobody likes your music (unless you're trying to make a living), as long as you had fun making it and put out what you want to put out there.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Jun 4, 2013,
Quote by New Evil11
WOw the singer is terrible. Riffs are generic. Not a 2, but certainly not a 5.

Quote by RealUnrealRob
With stronger vocals, Beautiful Disaster would be a pretty awesome song to listen to. Lessons.

Agreed.

The whole website the review is on just looks like a circle jerk of hardcore scene kids. I wouldn't pay much attention to the bitterness, though the actual rating probably isn't that far off.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Last edited by Skynyrd890 at Jun 4, 2013,
Your music is legitimately that bad, and if you feel like you have to resort to complaining on the internet about criticism, you're honestly never going to improve it.

Granted, it was crappy criticism, on a crappy site for crappy music, but there's not a lot to work with in terms of the music you guys made, so it's not like he could suggest improving one area either.
Quote by punkforlife93
Your music is legitimately that bad, and if you feel like you have to resort to complaining on the internet about criticism, you're honestly never going to improve it.

Granted, it was crappy criticism, on a crappy site for crappy music, but there's not a lot to work with in terms of the music you guys made, so it's not like he could suggest improving one area either.

Criticism is fine, i just think a company (no matter how small) reviewing bands for a living should at least try to be objective about their reviews - this just sounds like someone who hates pop-punk bashing a pop-punk EP to me. Came on here to see if other people agree, not to whine about it
They aren't reviewing bands for a living. They're writing entertaining articles for a living. Kind of like news stations.
Sina Zombie is hot, but she does have some issues with her minority complex. She can't play an instrument, but feels good enough to slag everyone off.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
Sina Zombie is hot, but she does have some issues with her minority complex. She can't play an instrument, but feels good enough to slag everyone off.

"After coming to terms with the fact that I can't really play any instruments, I had to abandon my lifelong dream of being in a band." - Zombiecat

Sounds like she put as much time into playing an instrument as into writing her reviews
I posted a facebook comment on the review, TS. Hope it helps you feel better.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by Bassface7
Criticism is fine, i just think a company (no matter how small) reviewing bands for a living should at least try to be objective about their reviews - this just sounds like someone who hates pop-punk bashing a pop-punk EP to me. Came on here to see if other people agree, not to whine about it

If you're here to see if people agree, you're by definition looking for acceptance and validation because you didn't get it before. I get that you were offended by the review and you just want to hear that other people agree your band isn't that bad, but it's seriously just one person's opinion on a site you probably shouldn't care that much about. So, they don't like you. Big deal. Shake it off. World's full of haters.
Quote by punkforlife93
Oh man this guy must know his stuff because his username is punkforlife93.

He wasn't complaining, you silly billy. He was making an inquiry as to whether or not that review was professional or personal. Which, by the looks of it, it's personal.

Granted, I haven't listened to the music so I don't know myself, but I'm sure it can be reviewed better than that.

If I made a bad album, I'd like to know why better than that.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Jun 4, 2013,
Quote by JustRooster
I posted a facebook comment on the review, TS. Hope it helps you feel better.

An unexpected and much appreciated level of support sir. My thanks.
Page 1 of 3