Hi everyone. First of all, let me just say that I'm not an electric guitar player, I'm a bass player and drummer, which is why I need your help!

I've been offered a Jackson flying V. I've been told that it's a Randy Rhoads signature; it's Ivory White with a black pinstripe, is neck-thru, Seymour Duncan's etc. You guys will know better than I do! In fact, it's this guitar right here:

It has no damage to it, not even on the 'V' points, and just needs a restring and possibly a set up. Is £125 a good price? It seems attractive, which is why I'm asking you guys as I'll probably sell it on at a later date rather than use it myself, but I don't know anything about it like where it came from or if they're a cheap copy of the real signature.

Cheers!
Cheers! I don't suppose anyone knows what sort of price these go for both used and new?
It's a Jackson RR5. Brand new those guitars were nearly £1000.

You are absolutely stealing the guitar from him. It seems too good to be true. It's worth doing your research before buying because that price is suspiciously low.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jun 4, 2013,
It's ether fake or stolen.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I'm happy to tell you guys the details; I actually manage a local guitar shop in my area here in the UK. He's a regular (and very honest) customer and is going on a 2-week holiday with his girlfriend in the next few days. He came in and offered to sell me the guitar and I asked what price he was going to sell it for. His response was 'I want to sell it privately for about £350-£400 but if I can get like £125 for it I'll be happy'. I agreed simply based on the fact that I trust him, almost like a friend.

I now have the guitar in my hands and am happy to report that it isn't fake! Or at least it certainly doesn't look like it. It's a lovely playing guitar, even with the old strings on, and sounds bloody brilliant! Pretty lightweight too, which is a nice change. He seemed quite depressed to let it go, but as I wasn't too fussed whether to take it or leave it, he accepted £130. He also has a rather nice Les Paul anyway, so don't feel too bad for him!

I guess this would be a good excuse to pick up guitar, I've always wanted to start playing properly. And what cooler instrument to learn on than a flying V?!
WAT.

You are the luckiest son of a bitch on the planet if the guitar is real.

Pics or it didn't happen.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Seriously, if anyone wants to buy it for like £250, PM me, it'd be pickup from Birmingham though!

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
WAT.

You are the luckiest son of a bitch on the planet if the guitar is real.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Haha, cheers man. And fair enough!

Haha, likewise man, almost no point holding onto it as I'm a complete newbie.
If i was you and you were going to take up guitar i would keep it.Another two reasons i wouldnt buy it.

1.I dont live anywhere near birmingham.
2.I already have 5 guitars.

But like i said if your are keen to start playing i would defo keep it as if it is geniune you will pay a fortune for anything near that quality.
You, sir, are a very lucky person! If you want to learn guitar then definitely keep it, it'll cost you 10x more to replace.

That or if you really want good karma, sell it to one of these guys for a couple hundred quid
Current Gear
-----------------
Washburn WI66 Pro //
Ibanez Prestige SA1260 //
Schecter C1 Blackjack //
Fernandes Ravelle Elite //
Wahburn HB35 Semi-Hollowbody
Blackstar HT40
Quote by Xclusive
Seriously, if anyone wants to buy it for like £250, PM me, it'd be pickup from Birmingham though!

That's super tempting.
Quote by Tom 1.0
It's ether fake or stolen.

that would be my concern. that price is in "too good to be true" territory.

EDIT: apparently not killer score.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
This is the kind of deal that can happen once in a lifetime, if it ever even happens in the first place. I say dont sell it! I doubt you could get a better or even similar quality guitar for that price again.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
I payed £1000 for mine new.

They stopped making those in the beginning of 2012 as the factory closed down.

You could probably get up to £500-600 for it in that condition.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.