Hey, guys....Hopefully this is the right place.

Anyways, I'm wondering how I can record with my POD x3? I haven't really messed around with POD farm or anything like that. Is that where I can do this or do I need a whole other program and the X3 acts just as an interface?

What do you recommend?! Thanks!
Just another Sheep in the design of the Almighty Machine.

-GEAR-
Gibson 60s Les Paul Tribute (Sunburst)
1999 Ibanez RG470 (TitaniumIce-MIJ)
Jackson RR3 (Trans-Red)
Peavey 6505+
Podx3
Well besides needing a recording program, the POD X3 will act as a USB interface(kind of like a sound card) and you would just set the audio settings for input/output in whatever recording program to use the POD...POD FARM is a seperate program that is a software amp sim which IMO does not sound as good as a hardware version of a POD. You might want to go download line6 monkey, use it for installing drivers/updating drivers and the POD. After that you can aswell download gearbox using line6 monkey which is a program for controlling your POD on your desktop.
Quote by WaltTheWerewolf
Well besides needing a recording program, the POD X3 will act as a USB interface(kind of like a sound card) and you would just set the audio settings for input/output in whatever recording program to use the POD...POD FARM is a seperate program that is a software amp sim which IMO does not sound as good as a hardware version of a POD. You might want to go download line6 monkey, use it for installing drivers/updating drivers and the POD. After that you can aswell download gearbox using line6 monkey which is a program for controlling your POD on your desktop.

Ok, So I can use any DAW/Recording program?

I currently have both Logic and Ableton. Are those pretty good for guitar recording? Ive really only worked in them for electronic work and they are pretty good Ive just never have recorded anything from my guitar before. Yeah, I agree POD farm is blahh, Ive used it and its much easier to mess with the settings on the unit so Ill stick with that.

I suppose I will try ableton out but let me know if anyone has any better suggestions. I'm always willing to try something new.
Just another Sheep in the design of the Almighty Machine.

-GEAR-
Gibson 60s Les Paul Tribute (Sunburst)
1999 Ibanez RG470 (TitaniumIce-MIJ)
Jackson RR3 (Trans-Red)
Peavey 6505+
Podx3