Thought I'd make a thread for discussing TV shows in general. Ones that aren't currently airing or haven't already got their own dedicated thread.

If you want to discuss a show that you've recently started watching, a show that you're annoyed got cancelled, get suggestions for what shows to watch next or just talk about the random crap you're watching right now then this is the place for it or anything relating to it.

RULES
  • If the show you'd like to discuss already has a dedicated thread, please post there instead.
  • Be careful about spoiling anything and use tags when appropriate.
  • Respect others and no bullying, etc.
  • Creative use of swearing is encouraged.

So, what have you been watching?
I could've sworn trebor tried this thread and it didn't end well.
OT: Venture Bros.
Waiting for new season of Wilfred later this month.
And Futurama.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Jun 4, 2013,
Quote by Joshua Garcia
I could've sworn trebor tried this thread and it didn't end well.

Didn't find anything in my search but if it works then it works and if not then no big loss.
Quote by soundgarden1986
I need more Twin Peaks in my life

I'm on the final episode and I'm gonna be sad when I've finished it in a way. It's been something else from start to finish and I've loved just about every second of it.

Is the movie any good? Because generally speaking, movies from TV shows are pretty piss poor.
Quote by homeless-john

I'm on the final episode and I'm gonna be sad when I've finished it in a way. It's been something else from start to finish and I've loved just about every second of it.

Is the movie any good? Because generally speaking, movies from TV shows are pretty piss poor.

The movie isn't bad, but it has a more serious/dark tone than the show. It's a "prequel" sort of, in that it's about Laura Palmers final days (save for one brief mention of an event in the final episode). I'd say it's worth a watch.

Unfortunately, there is almost no Dale Cooper.
Recently started watching White Collar for no particular reason. Had no idea what it was, but I'm now well into the second season and really enjoying it.
Just finished Twin Peaks. What was that? What was any of that? I think I understood it but I'm not even sure. I'd have questions but I'm not even sure what to ask.

Enjoyed it though.
Quote by soundgarden1986
The movie isn't bad, but it has a more serious/dark tone than the show. It's a "prequel" sort of, in that it's about Laura Palmers final days (save for one brief mention of an event in the final episode). I'd say it's worth a watch.

I'll definitely watch it after all that.
You Twin Peaks guys should definitely watch the movie. Doesn't work at all as a stand-alone piece but it compliments the series really nicely. A few things are frustrating, like having a different actress as Donna and a few different filming locations but overall it's definitely worth watching. For sure there's some more disturbing stuff on there that wouldn't have made it onto tv though, it's a lot weirder and more surreal for the most part.

Quote by homeless-john

That final episode has some of the best bits of the whole thing I think. Be sure to check back in here when you're done

Ok nvm, just saw your last post
Last edited by BenRaah at Jun 4, 2013,
I just finished The Wire, which I'm completely obsessed with and angry that NO ONE ELSE I KNOW HAS SEEN IT OR EVEN HEARD OF IT, and the first season of Homeland, which was not that good and I'm so amazed that it gets sucked off so much by the critics. Right now I'm contemplating either starting Breaking Bad or catching up on the rest of Homeland to see if it gets better before the third season starts.

Also, my guilty pleasure is Franklin and Bash, which I for some reason really like.
Been hooked on Arrested Development lately. Didn't like it much to start with but now it's brilliant. GOB is a great character.
I've been watching this show about Australia's border security.

Very well scripted.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Quote by jazz_rock_feel
I just finished The Wire, which I'm completely obsessed with and angry that NO ONE ELSE I KNOW HAS SEEN IT OR EVEN HEARD OF IT, and the first season of Homeland, which was not that good and I'm so amazed that it gets sucked off so much by the critics. Right now I'm contemplating either starting Breaking Bad or catching up on the rest of Homeland to see if it gets better before the third season starts.

Also, my guilty pleasure is Franklin and Bash, which I for some reason really like.

You can watch Breaking Bad later, as long as you finish it before August 11th.
I don't watch a lot of TV shows TBH. I've actually stopped watching a few without finishing them, like Psych, The Office (after Micheal left), and Arrested Development. Has anyone seen/heard of Kyle XY by any chance?
Quote by soundgarden1986

That one scene at the FBI office with the security cameras and the missing agent always freaks me out
Quote by BenRaah
That one scene at the FBI office with the security cameras and the missing agent always freaks me out

It's nothing compared to...

When they straight lift up the nail. Eyes, teeth, and nails always make me cringe something fierce. The tweezer scene in the first episode was one thing, but there is something about separating a nail from the finger that is just appaling
Quote by BenRaah
You Twin Peaks guys should definitely watch the movie. Doesn't work at all as a stand-alone piece but it compliments the series really nicely. A few things are frustrating, like having a different actress as Donna and a few different filming locations but overall it's definitely worth watching. For sure there's some more disturbing stuff on there that wouldn't have made it onto tv though, it's a lot weirder and more surreal for the most part.

That final episode has some of the best bits of the whole thing I think. Be sure to check back in here when you're done

Ok nvm, just saw your last post

The last 20 minutes or so were phenomenal. Fantastic visuals and some really creepy stuff.

I do hate when they replace an actor in a movie based on a show. Best worst example I can think of is in the Dead Like Me movie when they changed the actress of Daisy and effectively erased all the character development she had went through. A lot of other things made that movie shit but that sticks out to me.

That said, if the actor is good then I tend to forget fairly quick.
Last edited by homeless-john at Jun 4, 2013,
My God-Tier shows

This is better than yours

Arrested Development
Parks and Recreation
The Office (US) (seasons 1-5)
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
The Legend of Korra
Breaking Bad
Lost
The Simpson's (seasons 1-12)
Top Gear (UK)
The Inbetweeners (UK)
Archer
Futurama
Seinfeld
30 Rock
Psych
Game of Thrones
Fringe
Monk
Community
Spongebob (early seasons)
The League
Bob's Burgers
A mixture of old cartoons I probably wouldn't like anymore if not for nostalgic reasons

I still need to watch some of the "really good dramas" like The Sopranos and The Wire.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...