Hey you guys out there, I wonder if someone could sincerely help me- I am going to look through all the sticky posts but on a very quick note... I have always written, always loved writing and even now write for my work but... I would think it would be an amazing thing to write some lyrics and wondered if in fact it is possible to write lyrics even if you are not in any way involved in the music writing - this may sound strange but I just really dont know if it is possible.. I would imagine most people write the music and the lyrics together... but is there anywhere I could get advice if my lyrics or anything I write could in any way in the end ever end up as a song ?? Musicians have my utmost greatest respect and I just wondered do they always compose their own lyrics as they go along so to speak...love to know genuine and helpful answers would be amazing - thank you x
Quote by lavender girl
wondered if in fact it is possible to write lyrics even if you are not in any way involved in the music writing - this may sound strange but I just really dont know if it is possible.. I would imagine most people write the music and the lyrics together... but is there anywhere I could get advice if my lyrics or anything I write could in any way in the end ever end up as a song ??

It depends on who you ask. Some people write lyrics first and add music that they think will fit the lyrics, while others write the music first, and write lyrics based on where the music takes them. Personally, I write after I have a concept for both of them, but not at the same time. There aren't any rules as long as it sounds good, and I don't think people usually write them at the same time.