I was looking at an upcoming estate sale and these guitars caught my eye. Unfortunately, all I have is these pictures. The guy running it wouldn't name prices since the sale isn't for two weeks and didn't have any other info. So if anybody knows anything about these guitars, any help would be appreciated.

You should have taken pictures of the heads of those guitars, it would be easier to recognize them.
The first one (the white superstrat) reminds me of an old Epiphone S800, minus the rosewood fretboard with sharktooth inlays.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
The second one is either a Fender John Mayer Signature Strat (around $1,500-$2,000 AUD), or a Squier Classic Vibe ($200 AUD).

EDIT: I hope I didn't get your hopes up. I didn't look at the picture properly and it's definitely a cheap Squier. It actually looks like my old Squier. These came in a beginner guitar pack that they were (think they still are) distributing. It's not great, but considering it's used, ifyou can get it for like $90-100 I'd say take it. I still use my Squier on occasion cause it has a different sound to it.
The single coils are no where near as hot as regular Fender single coils, and the bridge pickup position is locked in terms of tone. The end tonepot controls the middle pickup's brightness. It's fairly light (expected) and can take a really good beating.

Pretty good practice guitar (what I mainly use it for when I'm just noodling not plugged in). Great for any beginner.

Cheers.
Quote by greeny23
i shake the walls of my bedroom. with mah dick.
Quote by Eppicurt
Quote by NakedInTheRain
hey, be nice to the hipster.
I hear they use false bypass switches.

It's, like, so ironic.
Last edited by Volcz at Jun 5, 2013,
Quote by JackovSlayer
You should have taken pictures of the heads of those guitars, it would be easier to recognize them.

These were the pictures on the website advertising the estate sale, I didn't take them myself.

@ltdguy27, @Way Cool JR and @Volcz. Thanks for the replies, after searching for more information, all your suggestions seem to be correct.

Now I know it's a little hard to say without knowing the condition, but what would be a good price for the Fender HM? It seems pretty good and I like the look of it, plus it has to be better than my $200 Squier Starter Pack guitar that I've have had since I was a teenager.

I would ask about the JEM 77 but after looking on ebay, that will probably be way out of my price range.
Last edited by Retrospecial at Jun 5, 2013,
Quote by Way Cool JR.
The white one looks to be a Fender Heavy Metal. Great guitars BTW

Yeah, the first one is a Fender Heavy Metal for sure. http:// www.edroman.com/guitars/fender/images/fender-heavy-metal-strat.jpg

The second one could be a ton of different strats. Even if the picture had the whole guitar, we would only be able to tell the brand name, it would be hard to identify the specific model.
banned
@deadsmileyface

The second one is definitely the Squier Strat I mentioned earlier.
Quote by greeny23
i shake the walls of my bedroom. with mah dick.
Quote by Eppicurt
Quote by NakedInTheRain
hey, be nice to the hipster.
I hear they use false bypass switches.

It's, like, so ironic.
That HM Strat normally used retails at $400ish. If you can get it any lower, it'd be a hell of a deal. I had a contemporary Strat, which is very like it, and it was fantastic.