Hey, as I was about to adjust the action. I found out that the screws are stripped and rusty(due to great maintenance). I almost got one out but it got stuck probably due to rust. Anyone got any ideas how to take them out. Maybe a little oil to loosen them up. Great ideas deeply appreciated. Trying to avoid taking it to a guitar shop, don't want to spend more money. Thank you!
apply some WD-40 and let it soak or sit for a few minutes, then spray a little more and drive the screw in all the way in, then drive it out wards repeatedly, this is so that the solution will get inside the threads and help loosen the rust. After you remove the screw apply wd-40 on the screws and scrub them down with a rag or something abrasive till the rust is completely off.
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
Do you mean the hex screws are stripped? I would assume you are talking about the bridge posts. If you cannot turn them with a hex key I would just get a big pliers for leverage and try to twist them out, then get new ones.

Jackson RR3 Rhoads and DK2M Dinky
Peavey 6505+ w/ Avatar 212 cab
Ibanez TS9, ISP Decimator, MXR 10 Band EQ
-Digitech RP1000
Quote by Tremolo Bum
Do you mean the hex screws are stripped? I would assume you are talking about the bridge posts. If you cannot turn them with a hex key I would just get a big pliers for leverage and try to twist them out, then get new ones.

Yeah they are stripped. I also tried taking them out with needle nose pliers, and nothing. I'll probably put a little wd-40 and let it sit a few minutes, then try again.
Quote by heretic-clown
apply some WD-40 and let it soak or sit for a few minutes, then spray a little more and drive the screw in all the way in, then drive it out wards repeatedly, this is so that the solution will get inside the threads and help loosen the rust. After you remove the screw apply wd-40 on the screws and scrub them down with a rag or something abrasive till the rust is completely off.

I'll try the wd-40 idea then I'll see if it moves. Thanks
Small drill bit and an easy out bit.
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.