Hey Guys,

I love my jcm900's which I play though 4x12 1960 cabs but sometimes it's a bit much so I was looking for some suggestions for good all tube 212 combo amp. Something that can go from clean to all out metal and still sound full and not thin, preferably under a grand. Marshalls are just too expensive so if you know of or play through any good 212 combos I would love to get your thoughts on this.
2x12 combos are heavy as hell

If you like the 900, check out the Krank 1980 Jr head and get a 1x12 or 2x12 cab. I have one of them and it is a really nice for a hot-rod Marshall tone. They run $300-$400 used there is one here www.guitarcenter.com/usedgear
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
A good, lightweight 112 tube amp and a microphone/small boom stand are my best friends. I have a nice 212 Mesa, but it stays in the home studio - it's just too heavy to gig. Same for my Rivera Sedona. It's not even a 212, but it's just too heavy and expensive to lug around.

It may not suit your needs, but I use my older Peavey VK112. The weight is under 40 lbs and the clean tone for my church gig is perfect.
Peavey 6505+ 112
Agile Septor Elite 727
Furman M-8L
TC Electronic Polytune 2
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Line 6 Pod HD Pro X
ENGL Invader 100 E642
ENGL Z-15
Mesa/Boogie Traditional 4x12 V30
Quote by ExDementia
212 combo, eh? Be sure to pick one of these up as well.

Only if you are stupid enough not to pick up one of these first.

Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
i would rather carry a 2x12 combo than a 4x12 any day of the week. you guys need to hit the gym.

not sure about prices but you should try and find a used rockerverb. quite nice cleans and amazing for balls out.
Quote by Cathbard
Only if you are stupid enough not to pick up one of these first.

Dont you have to have a drivers license for those things?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Still need to get it into the car so why not buy both?
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Find a Mark IV, you can pretend it's a 2x12, because it definitely weighs as much as one!
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by Reincaster
Find a Mark IV, you can pretend it's a 2x12, because it definitely weighs as much as one!

My mark V was a heavy bitch. I think it was 90lbs.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Quote by losing battle
Still need to get it into the car so why not buy both?

Oh diddums. I load a 2x12 JCM900 combo and a 1960 into my car. You just trolley it all to the car and lift it in. It's not a big deal.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by joe_k
i would rather carry a 2x12 combo than a 4x12 any day of the week. you guys need to hit the gym.
I find 4x12s much easier to transport, actually. My cab only weighs ~15lbs more than your typical 2x12 combo, but I can stack my head, guitar, and gear bag on top of it and wheel it into the back of the venue, making only one trip. This sure as hell beats lugging 70-80lbs of combo around and having to make multiple trips back for the rest of your stuff - and using casters sucks on them because you have to bend way down to push them, and can't really stack anything on them while doing it.

There are a lot of people who are for some reason so against 4x12s, but I just think it's the most convenient. Even when you're on stage, your head is right there where you can adjust it easily without bending way over or having to prop it up on a stand, which is just another thing you have to bring on stage. At 6'4", that's quite a bit of bending down required.
I really regret buying my 212 combo. It's just too damn heavy & bulky.

When I next upgrade I think I might go down the 212 cab on wheels & head route.