Hello Guys, The thing is I was about to get the Decimator G-String, but just when I was about to get it, I found out that there was a version 2 of the Decimator G-string, now, cost wise, the difference is just like $10, but the strange thing is that I checked out ISP technologies website, I didnt see a version 2 of this pedal listed in there, so I thought that was strange, and I started to suspect it was maybe a scam?? But it doesn look like a scam, so I dont know, I just thought that If they had released a new version of the pedal they would have wanted to make the people aware of its existance in their website, unless, this version of the pedal is actually not very good, or theres not much difference between this version and the last one? or it came with some sort of manufacturing problems, so What can you tell me about this? Is it actually a reliable product? Is there a big difference between this one and the first version of the pedal? Is this actually an improved version of the pedal or just some sort of marketing strategy?

Thanks for your insights everyone!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ISP-Technologies-New-DECIMATOR-G-STRING-II-v-2-Noise-Reduction-Pedal-Cable-/121118710523?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item1c333cdafb
Looks like V2 just has the link function. Seems legit. I'd guess that it's a fairly new product. FWIW, I've owned the regular and G-String, and found the tracking feature of the G-String not worth the extra cash.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
There's two mini jacks on the top of the pedal, can't seem to find anymore info on it at all.
Quote by mmolteratx
Looks like V2 just has the link function. Seems legit. I'd guess that it's a fairly new product. FWIW, I've owned the regular and G-String, and found the tracking feature of the G-String not worth the extra cash.

you mean it didn't work so well in the loop and in front of the amp at the same time? i've got the bog standard one, have always wondered about getting the g-string. but the fact i already have one means it would actually cost less to just buy a second bog standard one (plus that way if one died i'd still have a spare).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It doesn't have two gates, so no, that won't work at all. The first loop is just the tracking circuit.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
oh ok, thanks. i just assumed it would work the way a boss ns2 does both in front of the amp and in the loop at the same time. maybe the boss only has one gate too, though, and it "works", just not all that well
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The G-string basically has a tracking system which is meant to be more sensitive than the regular gate. The tracker part of the pedal needs to be placed as close to the guitar as possible & when the signal goes below the desired thresh hold, it gates the sound further in your chain.

This whole "2 gates" thing is a load of crap.