So, I'm planning to replace my guitar with a Fender ones, and this Blacktop series comes the most affordable Fender, another good thing is they're made in Mexico, they have humbuckers, and they have a nice finish. Now, I'm choosing between Fender Blacktop Stratocaster HH and Fender Blacktop Jaguar HH. I know, I know that I should choose what guitar best fits for me, but don't worry about it because yeah I already know that. I just want to know some suggestions, tips, or what do you think of these two guitars, some suggestions from those who have already tested the guitar. I'll try these two guitars when we come to the shop and I will find what's best for me. But as of now, let me know your opinions about these Fender Blacktop series. Thanks!

Fender Blacktop Jaguar HH (Silver)

Fender Blacktop Jaguar HH (Black)

Fender Blacktop Stratocaster HH (Black)
Last edited by mightycornholio at Jun 5, 2013,
Are you actually going to buy something? You've made so many damn threads recently about pickup upgrades, amps, guitars.

I thought you were buying a 65 DR? ****ing make up your mind.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by Eppicurt
Are you actually going to buy something? You've made so many damn threads recently about pickup upgrades, amps, guitars.

I thought you were buying a 65 DR? ****ing make up your mind.

Dude, surprisingly, the FDDR came too early, and it came last week. My old guitar met some issues, the company requested a refund (they requested it). So, I'm in a look for a new guitar.
IIRC, the Jags have a short scale and the strat has the typical 25.5

Strat has a trem and the Jags have a tune-o-matic stop tail.

Besides those two things (and the body shape, obviously) there isn't going to be that much difference. The quality and parts will be the typical "made in Mexico" variety that you'd see on other guitars in that range.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Jag. Unless you need that trem. Everyone has a Strat. I especially dig the silver on the Jag. I don't think the shorter scale is that big of a difference, unless you are tuning it down. I almost bought one of those before I found my Explorer.
Budget, location, used/new, and all the other questions in the "which guitar thread", please.

If you're willing to go used, you should look into one of the MIJ Jaguar Special HH's - those with the hard tail bridge. I got mine for $440 with a case, swapped in some higher output pickups, and it still ended up costing less than the Blacktop Jag (it's also my favorite guitar to play - the thing just feels great).

The short scale is nice on the Jags (in my opinion), and I own two Jags for that very reason. The other nice thing about the non-Blacktop Jags is the pickup selection options and platforms for easy mods. Like I said, answer those questions in the "which guitar" sticky, and maybe we can be of better assistance.
OffsetOffset
Last edited by SteveHOC at Jun 5, 2013,
The Blacktop series is so horrid. It seems like the only people that actually recommend them are people who haven't played them more than a couple times.

Listen to the advice above me.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER