Hey guys, I'm looking for a pair of monitors to use along with a pod hd mainly.
My budget is 300€ max. Looking at thomann, I can get a pair of Yamaha HS50, KRK Rokit 5 or M-Audio BX8D2, all for pretty much the same price.

I've seen the KRKs getting recommended a lot around here, but I thought I might ask anyways. Any other options?
Between the 3, I'd go for the Yamahas. Also, the Behringer Truth line is surprisingly good (I'm using the B3031As which are based off and sound close to the Adam A7Xs which are $1500 a pair).
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
The Yamahas are a special sort of monitor. They're really popular because their response is not perfectly flat, and actually seriously lacking in bass (I think it's bass). This was something producers used 'back in the day' to reference against crappy systems (like old cars). People just used them for so long that they can use them to get a great mix. All monitors are relative, and after countless hours of listening to music you're familiar with on them, you will be able to pull a great mix out of anything that has a full frequency response.

Late Edit: I was thinking of NS10s, wrong monitors. D'oh!

Since you're a beginner, you can get by with pretty much anything, since you don't know any one style of monitor better than another. I have used the KRK Rokit 5s for about 3 years, and I am extremely comfortable mixing on them. My last project translated to all of my reference systems immediately, with no tweaks necessary. However, that was not the case when I first bought them. Spend enough time with any of those, and you'll be fine.

That said, I can vouch for the transparency and build quality of the KRKs. I would also HIGHLY recommend getting Auralex MoPads for your monitors. They help you angle the monitors to point at your ears properly, and they isolate the vibrations from your desk which is incredibly helpful unless you use monitor stands.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Last edited by Sid McCall at Jun 5, 2013,
The Yamahas are really lacking in bass - Really good midrange and high end though. You'll definitely need a pair of decent headphones to mix tight bass, and I wouldn't use them for bass heavy music (without a sub at least).

The rokits, conversely, are quite bass heavy. These are probably the most popular monitors for beginners. I don't like the highs as much as the yamahas though, and I personally found that the bass was too strong.

I'll +1 the truths - very decent for the price.

Really though, you need to go down to a music store and use your ears.
RIP Gooze

cats
Behringer 3030A, Samson Rubicon 6A, Yamaha HS50M, maybe Prodipe ribbons if you feel like a small gamble.

The Presonus Eris 5 look promising but I can't comment from experience and there seems to be very little written about them so far.
+1 on the rokit 5s being bassy, i had them for a long time and I couldnt get the hang of them.

I would go for the HS50s, i am using HS80s now and love them.
I recently got some KRK RP5s. I think they are a great monitor. They are unlike most monitors in its price range since there is a bass port on the front of them to fire bass towards you, rather than behind it most likely into a wall (where bass frequencies build especially in corners).

I haven't found any real issue with the bass so far, I have them on some Thomann foam pads and then on speaker stands. I think a lot of it is down to learning your monitor and your room and then learning to mix with those in mind. Can't personally say anything about those other monitors you mentioned.
NOPE.
I bought some M-Audio BX5D2's recently
Took them over a set of KRK Rokit 5's
Bass on the Rokits was way too heavy, no difference between the rokits and a pair of BX8D2's