Hi there! I'm about to buy a multi-effects-pedal, I don't have an amp at the moment, would it be a problem if I used the headphones for now?
Thanks!
Depends if it comes with a headphone input, but as long as you have the piece to connect your headphones into the board, you should be good to go
Yeah. Unless it has a jack marked "headphones" it won't work. Regular out is for an amp. It will not drive your headphones. Pretty sure most of the multieffects pedal boards I've seen have the headphone jack.
It will work just so long as:

Your multieffects board has a headphone out jack
You have a headphone adapter that goes from 3.5mm to 1/4' plug (most over the ear studio-quality headphones come with this adapter). If you don't have one - they are fairly inexpensive at your local Big Lots or Radio Shack, about $5-$10(assuming your USA)

I'd save up for an amp as soon as possible however, the sound quality you get running headphones through a multi is mediocre at best.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Last edited by Vypor at Jun 5, 2013,
Quote by dudester410
Depends if it comes with a headphone input, but as long as you have the piece to connect your headphones into the board, you should be good to go

does any multi effects not have headphones input ? none that i can think of
it should be fine if your multi-effect pedal have a headphone output

and it's kinda cool because your guitar will not annoying anyone

LOL
I think we need to know what you mean by multi-effects pedal. I would like to point out that there are quite a few and they are getting smaller. For example, the iStomp doesn't have a headphone jack and I would technically call it a multi-effect, and the new Zoom Multi 100bt thingy doesn't to the best of my knowledge.

So what do you have? And I agree that you should save up for an amp. If you're not sure of the sound you want, think about a modeling amp with multiple amps and cabinets that you can try.