i would have waited once my vocals got better with the tone and the words were spoke more clear before showing the world this on the net. the song ain't too bad though.
Quote by ultrasonic
I'm genuinely just not very good, just trying. You gotta work with what you got. For me, that's a laptop with a poor quality pin hole microphone, a battered 7 year old acoustic guitar and a horrible horrible singing voice

you always gotta work with what you got. but it doesn't mean you gotta show it off on the net or on stage when you are not ready.
saying 'I'm genuinely just not very good' is a very bad idea and is bs. in 6 months with lets say 2 hours a day of practice you will be a hell of a lot better than now and probably ready to show a little simple tune like you did with proper power. so long as you don't strain your voice. if people say 'you are genuinely just not very good' then take it in stride, they could be trying to give constructive criticism but still don't know what they are talking about or they are just jealous or competitive.
unless you don't care to get any better than where you are now with your talent.
Quote by dog_style
you always gotta work with what you got. but it doesn't mean you gotta show it off on the net or on stage when you are not ready.
saying 'I'm genuinely just not very good' is a very bad idea and is bs. in 6 months with lets say 2 hours a day of practice you will be a hell of a lot better than now and probably ready to show a little simple tune like you did with proper power. so long as you don't strain your voice. if people say 'you are genuinely just not very good' then take it in stride, they could be trying to give constructive criticism but still don't know what they are talking about or they are just jealous or competitive.
unless you don't care to get any better than where you are now with your talent.

It was more the songs I was 'showing off' rather than my ability to play/sing them. I also needed an effective way of making them available for my writing partner/band mate (he sings) to download I'm not a singer, I've tried relentlessly for year, following online tutorials and all the vocal exercises under the sun. I am just not very good I'm not bothered about getting better, I gave up hope a long time ago. I just needed some way to represent the vocal melodies in which the lyrics were to be sung. The only way I could do that, was to sing them myself really. I only ever put it on here, because I'm proud of the songs themselves. The recordings themselves/the singing just isn't that good, but I like the songs I still found your comment quite constructive, and quite uplifting, and I may just have to keep working on my vocals. I don't see myself getting past doing backing vocals, but even that would be an improvement Thanks for your comments.
Last edited by ultrasonic at Jun 7, 2013,