Hi guys, just a quickie.

Ive finally gotten round to being able to use my drive pedal after buying a new ac adapter for it. I plug it all in, making sure everything is in the right way (voltage, polarity, etc.), turn it on, play a few songs and everything is great. So I turn off my amp, put my guitar away, etc, etc.

Skip ahead an hour or two, and I decide to play a few chords out and write a few things. I plug everything back in perfect again, except this time I get diddly. No drive, no LED on my pedal to confirm its working, and no LED on the adapter to show its working either.

So does my issue lie with the pedal, or the adapter? Can I repair either of them, or am I better off buying new ones?

Pedal is a Chord Metal Driver MT-50, and adapter is a Lloytron 300mA AC/DC adapter if that helps. Its all fairly cheap gear, so I wont be too annoyed if I have to replace them.
The adapter isnt powering anything else, and the pedal isnt taking to the batteries.... and its now accompanied by the stink of burning plastic coming out of the jack socket.... looks like im buying a new one of both.

Thanks for replying 667
Guitars:
6-String Epiphone Dot in Cherry Red
5-String Manito Bass in Cherry Red
6-String PRS Custom 24 in Blue Turtle Shell
4-String Homemade Bass, Natural finish
Tah muchly.

Are there any pedals in particular that you'd recommend? I play mostly rock, and a bit of metal; things like Muse, Biffy Clyro, Foo Fighters, etc, and touching into things like Avenged Sevonfold, Led Zepellin, and the like.

Im just looking to be able to go from clean to drive/distorted without having to fiddle about with amp mid song....
Guitars:
Will give those a look.

One more noob question; if I use multiple pedals, do I connect them to each other with seperate jack leads?

Kinda like:

AMP------P---P---P---P----- Guitar

Is that assumption correct?
Guitars:
Either or. Depends on what you get. You can get a power supply that powers multiple pedals. Some pedals have an AC out where you can daisy-chain another pedal to it and it will slave off power from the power supply going into it. You can use multiple power supplies for each, or mix in batteries.

Powered pedal boards are an option too.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Power-Supplies-/101975/i.html
Okay, I understand the powering aspect (after a quick youtube search), but Im falling flat on connecting them to the guitar?
Do I need to join all the pedals together with a series of jacks, eventually connecting to the guitar, or am I missing something here?

Oh, and Im really sorry for hammering you with questions, but Im pretty much a pedal virgin.
Guitars:
what's your amp and guitar and what's the budget?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yes, you connect the pedals in a series.( it does get more complicated with effects loops bit I think that is the simple answer you want)
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
Thanks for clearing that up ecvMatt.

DaveMC, ive just got a little fender amp at the moment (going to upgrade it once ive got the money for my own place), and im mostly playing an Epiphone Dot, or a PRS custom 24. Budget is around £100 a month or so (around $150), depending on how much I plan on saving of a month.
Guitars:
Little fender? Fender makes a lot of amps you really need to be specific. Bummer about your gear though.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by losing battle
Little fender? Fender makes a lot of amps you really need to be specific. Bummer about your gear though.

I really havent a clue, im afraid. It was a good few years ago when I got it, and I picked it up because I needed an amp on the cheap. I cant even find it on the site for the the store I got it from.

As I said though, looking to upgrade it as time goes on.
Guitars:
yeah get a better amp (preferably tube, depending on your new living situation), that'd be the thing. still, kinda hard to buy it until you figure out where you'll be living.

i guess you could get a couple of pedals to tide you over (joyo or something like that, maybe). or maybe a little modelling amp like a vox mini3 or roland microcube.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks for all the comments guys. Will post another thread when ive got my full rig
Guitars:
Quote by Afrodactyl
Okay, I understand the powering aspect (after a quick youtube search), but Im falling flat on connecting them to the guitar?
Do I need to join all the pedals together with a series of jacks, eventually connecting to the guitar, or am I missing something here?

Oh, and Im really sorry for hammering you with questions, but Im pretty much a pedal virgin.

The signal runs from the guitar into the amp. When you introduce pedals, you have a "signal chain". Each pedal will have a signal "in" and a signal "out" (or multiple in's and out's depending on the type of pedal). All connections are made with instrument cables. You want to be as economical as possible with the length of cables running from one device to the other. The cable from your guitar into the first pedal should be long to let you move around. Then from pedal to pedal, you'll use short cables. Then from your last pedal into the amp will be longer too if you gig and have to setup your pedal facing the audience some distance away from your amp.
Thanks again for the help 667. Ive done some more digging while at work and have read that you can get a jack lead that is just the two ends, so the pedals sit next to one another. As soon as Ive got a new pedal or two, Ill probably just stick to short cables, but once Ive got enough to warrant a board, I will use the couplers.

Oh, and Im definitely going to try to have a little go on a J&H. They sound really nice, and my mates guitar tutor has one and he loves it. But as always, ill try before I buy
Guitars:
I wouldn't get solid connectors. I'd get short flexible L shaped. If you ever decide to get a pedal board, depending on how many pedals you have, you might have to get creative making them fit - or if you don't end up using a pedal board, you can set them up in a arc around your feet.

I also like the low profile angles connectors....

http://www.emtcompany.com/style/images/products/73d30dd33bb8a7f08ae62c8821be5599.jpg
http://www.emtcompany.com/style/images/products/c114511454aff2c8592655ad81ccd546.jpg
yeah don't get the solid connectors, as they're not flexible they can create stress round the pedals' jack sockets, which can make them fail. just get short patch cables.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If your going to go for a distortion a j+h is an excellent choice, not only is it a good distortion it has a overdrive as welI. It will compliment your evolving rig.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
^ visual sound stuff is quite dear in the UK, unfortunately. At USA prices, it's a nice option. At UK prices, if you ask me, it's overpriced (admittedly, a lot of things are overpriced at UK prices ).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah, UK prices arent too amazing, but I can deal with it if I buy over time rather than as a big purchase. I'll also look into the short L-shaped jacks instead of the solid ones.

Thanks for all the responses guys, you've all been a massive help in helping me build my ideal shopping list haha.
Guitars:
i meant more in terms of "i'm not sure they're worth it" more than "you'll just have to save", lol.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?