I don't really use it for distortion or overdrive, just for the delay, volume pedal, and other effects. I want to sell it but it seems like I can only realistically expect about $150 for it and just a decent delay that I can gig with is about the same price. Thoughts?
Keep the change, pimps don't jangle
If you can get $150 and don't really need it then sell. Then take $100 and buy a Zoom MS50G to replace it.
I forget does the rp500 have the whammy built into it or not? I remember my old unit did.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Last edited by losing battle at Jun 5, 2013,
OP: *mentions DigiTech*

My instant reaction is; Get rid of it.

However, after reading your thread, my new reaction is; Get rid of it.

Honestly, as the first reply mentioned, if you don't use it to it's full potential, (Which isn't very much, considering what it is.) and you can get some cash out of it, why not? Then again, after getting my head on straight about effects and amps being digital or analog, I'm terribly against modeling of any sort. Your tone will thank you if you save up and get analog pedals, also.

EDIT: The first bit wasn't supposed to sound like me being an asshole. I'm just very sarcastic at times.
Quote by The.new.guy
OP: *mentions DigiTech*

My instant reaction is; Get rid of it.
That's because you are the.new.guy. The RP500 is a good unit. But like all multifx you need to get one that has the features you want.
Quote by fly135
That's because you are the.new.guy. The RP500 is a good unit. But like all multifx you need to get one that has the features you want.

I've never had any luck with DigiTech.
I pretty much use my RP1000 just for effects and the occasional clean preamp sim. I would keep the 500 I were you. Just put it in you amps effects loop and use it for effects. Speaking of which, what amp do you have?

Jackson RR3 Rhoads and DK2M Dinky
Peavey 6505+ w/ Avatar 212 cab
Ibanez TS9, ISP Decimator, MXR 10 Band EQ
-Digitech RP1000
Last edited by Tremolo Bum at Jun 5, 2013,
I tooled around with it a lot and got some decent sounds out of it. I never use the amplifier options except when going direct in the studio. It DOES have an expression pedal which has a whammy option. I like it for all the effects, but it's so big and I've never been pleased with the distortion or od. Here's a link to one of the songs I recorded using just the rp500

http://www.noisetrade.com/madmusic/leave-it-behind
I have a Traynor tube amp. It's a thing of beauty.
You could just use it in the loop for the effects you want anyway like phase and delay untill you t the effects you want anyway? It's not that bad of a unit and there is no rule saying you need to run a buttload of fx from it.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.