Page 1 of 2
I was gonna learn off all of Exile On Main Street and was wondering if anyone else here has learnt off all of an album?
I learned Foo Fighters' Wasting Light, hoping to make a single cut video of it at some point. It's very satisfying to learn a full album!
I think I knew just about everything on Rage Against the Machine at one point.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
I learned all of System of a Down's self-titled album once. That was in the second or third year of learning guitar.

I honestly can't remember half of it. The other half being

C--0-7-6-5-0-7-6-5-0-7-6-5
I learned Green Day's American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown albums, pretty fun to play I must say. I'm in the process of learning Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here album
Quote by naedauuf
Shit working 24 hours a week at $12 an hour makes me rich?

BOW BEFORE ME PEASANTS.
Quote by CoreysMonster
I honestly can't remember half of it. The other half being

C--0-7-6-5-0-7-6-5-0-7-6-5

sugahhhh

Anyway, I know almost all of Lateralus and Aenima and I know all of Enema of the State.
Whatever People Say I Am, That Is What I Am Not
Favourite Worst Nightmare
Humbug
Suck It and See

Blackened Sky
Vertigo of Bliss
Infinity Land
Puzzle

Yeah, just a few.
Quote by whywefight
sugahhhh

Anyway, I know almost all of Lateralus and Aenima and I know all of Enema of the State.

I know most parts of Lateralus, to the point where I could probably bullshit my way through the album if I had to. Just some parts I for some reason never bothered to learn like the harmonic ending to Lateralus the song, or Disposition.

Aenema is the same. I know most riffs, but can't play any song fully from beginning to end.
^I can only play about half of Lateralus, and that half is really choppy.

Undertow
Aenima
10,000 Days
Whoracle

Edit: I can play most of Clayman and the Jester Race. There's about 2 or 3 songs off both albums though that i could never get down
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Jun 5, 2013,
Quote by angusfan16
^I can only play about half of Lateralus, and that half is really choppy.

I was at a jam session the other day, just a random get together with me and some friends, and I started playing Schism on bass during a break, one of the guitarists got his guitar and played with me, and we played through the entirety of Schism, just me and him, on guitar and bass.

That was pretty damn awesome. Playing Tool is always loads of fun.
Quote by CoreysMonster
I was at a jam session the other day, just a random get together with me and some friends, and I started playing Schism on bass during a break, one of the guitarists got his guitar and played with me, and we played through the entirety of Schism, just me and him, on guitar and bass.

That was pretty damn awesome. Playing Tool is always loads of fun.

Nice. I absolutely love playing aenema. That song always reminded me of a crushing tidal wave.
Sail upon the open skies
I've learned a couple of live albums. Always fun to play along to something like that.
Up The Boro!
I learned all of Queens of the Stone Age's first album

and attempted Blues for the Red Sun, and almost learned it

EDIT: also I learned Bleach by Nirvana
Last edited by yoman297 at Jun 5, 2013,
learnt all of architects' nightmares album, only 8 tracks though, so its a good 30 min warm up
I've learned all of this, It's not difficult at all but it's a ****ing blast to play

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXpj6p4PsVE

also learned 40 oz to freedom-sublime
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
I've been thinking of learning all of Blooddrunk. Doesn't sound terribly difficult, and I actually really liked that album. Maybe one day I'll learn Human by Death. My favorite album of all time.
Quote by soundgarden1986
Screw your bases. If she doesn't let me go elbow deep in her ass on the first date, it wasn't meant to be.

Quote by willT08
Every thread on here to do with audio quality is like walking into a paddock of shit slinging chimps
Cruel by Phobia, pretty easy yet fun. I know a bunch of songs from Human 2.0 and I'm in the process of learning the newest one from Phobia. I also would like to learn World Extermination by Insect Warfare.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
I learned most albums in their entirety but both Crimson Glory albums I am most proud of
Everybody Dies
Ignorance is NOT just what you DO NOT know but what you WILL NOT know

MY Soundcloud
Tears for toda la alegría que teníamos
Tears for todo el dolor
Las lágrimas de invierno que llevan dentro
Siempre gritar tu nombre
Estas lágrimas de invierno , voy a llorar por ti
Estas lágrimas de invierno , son solamente para usted
I learned PtH's Fortress a few years ago. I don't really play guitar anymore and I've pretty much forgotten all of it, however.
i know how to play all of colours. learnt it all last summer. never had the time to make a single cut video, but might do soon. some of the solos on that album are ****ing annoying to learn, but playing it back to front is so satisfying.

and some of the stuff i learned from it is great to use as a warm-up excersise. thanks btbam

(really sick of that album now)
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by laid-to-waste
i know how to play all of colours. learnt it all last summer. never had the time to make a single cut video, but might do soon. some of the solos on that album are ****ing annoying to learn, but playing it back to front is so satisfying.

and some of the stuff i learned from it is great to use as a warm-up excersise. thanks btbam

(really sick of that album now)

serious props, man. I'm ****ing awful at btbam's type of playing.
Quote by Ssargentslayer
I wanna learn all of colors.. Maybe one day..

Me too. Its one of my favorite (if not THE favorite) album of all time. My major setback right now is a) I need to buy the tab book and b) Its going to be a pain in the ass to tune that low.
What gives me wood:

Gibson Les Paul Custom
Ibanez S5470F
Ibanez RGD2127fx
Schecter Hellraiser C-7 FR
Axe FX II
Mackie HD1221
Last whole album I learned was Sum 41's Chuck, back in 2005.

That was when I played guitar.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Quote by K'Nuckles
There's a video on Youtube of someone covering the whole of The Great Misdirect. Nuts.

I love how we think stuff like thats amazing, meanwhile the actual band wrote it and plays it every night at shows

At least for us mortals, playing something like that is a great feat.
Quote by rolling_stoned
I learned Green Day's American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown albums, pretty fun to play I must say. I'm in the process of learning Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here album

Ah, American Idiot! That was my first fully-learned-album, too.

Jesus of Suburbia is quite possibly my favorite song to play of all time.

Great album with a great story.

I feel like we should be friends or something...
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
man, I'm so sad I made this thread now after seeing those shake shack burgers. I would buy an extra just to fuck it while I eat its siblings. then i'd eat that one too.

I am so sorry for my mother's "escapades"...
Dark Side of the Moon is probably the only one I can think.

Exile on main street is a good choice OP.
Im learning Spiritual Healing only shit is the only thing i need is the solo for Genetic Reconstruction and Low Life then i will gladly say i know that iam able to play that full album
Page 1 of 2