Page 1 of 3
I want to hear about great concerts people have been to. Whether it's because of the sound quality, or length, or awesome moments, or what. What is your favorite concert you've ever been too?

Mine:
Foo Fighters last year in Milwaukee. They only played songs I liked amazingly.
Saw the Handsome Furs twice one day at a festival a few years back, they put on a pretty great show. Met the girl the second time I saw, got a cool pic with her.
Major Lazer was a pretty fun show, lazer show was great of course.
Ty Segall live was nice. Dude crowd surfed in the middle of the song while still playing and everything, p cool.
Seen a few other bands live but nothing really noteworthy happened (not that they were bad or something, though)
I saw the Melvins last week. They played all old stuff. It was awesome.

Also, I saw Local H in Akron two years ago on their "greatest hits" tour. It was awesome.
Last edited by iwannabesedated at Jun 5, 2013,
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
Seems weird that a band like the foo fighters would hold a concert and not play any original material.
Oh snap. He just went there.

But seriously TS, you should probably stop before you get banned for spamming literally being 13.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
I went to Eric Clapton's Crossroads Guitar Festival in Chicago in the summer of 2010. It was 12 hours of greatness and sexiness. The ticket prices were incredibly painful but I'd pay it again to go back.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
The Flaming Lips. It was a full sensory experience, and I got to hold the giant hamster ball.

I wasn't on any drugs, I swear.
Lady Gaga had a really great performance.

Opeth has put on a good show every time.

Turnpike Troubadours was different for me but really great the first time. Very passionate players.

Metallica was pretty sweet.

Ghost was cool.

I'm expecting Lamb of God to be good on the 10th. Haven't seen them in like 7 years.

Semi Precious Weapons put on a great show.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Random3
For me:

Iron Maiden
Rammstein
Metallica
Slipknot
Dream Theater
Eric Clapton
Roger Waters: The Wall
Steve Vai

Seeing Satriani next week so hopefully will be adding that to the list

This was one of the best concerts I've seen. Slipknot was alright but Trivium and Coheed blew them out of the water.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by ehbacon
ofcourse

bebr isn real music

u say beiber i say METALLICA

^They played nothing heavy in 2012 when I saw them. In 2010 they played heavy stuff and last month they played heavy stuff. And acoustic Demon of the Fall.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
This was one of the best concerts I've seen. Slipknot was alright but Trivium and Coheed blew them out of the water.

I saw Trivium support Maiden once, they were one of my favourite bands a few years ago so maybe I didn't enjoy it as much because I wasn't really into them at that point. Although I don't listen to Slipknot anymore, their live show is fantastic and I am glad I saw it at a festival. Coheed are a band I need to get into, one of my friends is possibly the biggest self-confessed fanboy I have ever met. He has met the band a bunch of times, followed them on tour and has 3 tattoos of them.
Quote by K'Nuckles
Opeth in 2012. Pulled out some absolute gems and totally blew me away, especially after seeing them the previous year where they played nothing heavy at all.

Man Opeth was just here about a month ago and the only heavy song they played was Demon of the Fall. All they played was a bunch of Heritage stuff. I was pretty disappointed.

Edit: They played Harlequin Forest as well actually, which was nice cos that's my favorite song off that album.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by angusfan16
Man Opeth was just here about a month ago and the only heavy song they played was Demon of the Fall. All they played was a bunch of Heritage stuff. I was pretty disappointed.

Similar story when I saw them in 2011, heaviest thing played was Porcelain Heart. Last year they played White Cluster, Hessian Peel and Blackwater Park, just to name a few.
Quote by angusfan16

Everyone is backward from me. We got acoustic Demon of the Fall. We got Deliverance, White Cluster, and Ghost of Perdition. That's not even all the heavy songs. It was really balanced.

I like Coheed. They're a great band but I can't love them for some reason. I loved Trivium's live show. I enjoy two of their albums a lot and their live show is so energetic. I actually saw them in about 2006. It was my first concert and I caught their last song because we we dumb 14 year olds and didn't want to stay by ourselves a long time in a Metal concert. I could have seen Gojira.

We also got Harlequin Forest. One of my favorites as well.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Yeah we were supposed to get Harlequin Forest, judging by their setlist from that tour. Mike just ended up chatting loads of shit though and they had to cut it due to time constraints, I think. He told us a 3 minute story about stepping in dog shit.
Quote by K'Nuckles
Yeah we were supposed to get Harlequin Forest, judging by their setlist from that tour. Mike just ended up chatting loads of shit though and they had to cut it due to time constraints, I think. He told us a 3 minute story about stepping in dog shit.

We got an alright story about Kerry King and a Judas Priest album.

That's what's so great about Mikael. He tells jokes or stories. I've seen him talk with individual people in the crowd before.

This last one he threw all of his picks to the crowd. Then he made his tech replace them as fast as he could so he could throw them again while Mendez played this upbeat gameshow type bassline. He did this like three times. Just tossing them into the crowd.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by K'Nuckles
Similar story when I saw them in 2011, heaviest thing played was Porcelain Heart. Last year they played White Cluster, Hessian Peel and Blackwater Park, just to name a few.

Damn that must've been nice. I would love to hear Blackwater Park live. Bleak too.

Quote by BladeSlinger
Everyone is backward from me. We got acoustic Demon of the Fall. We got Deliverance, White Cluster, and Ghost of Perdition. That's not even all the heavy songs. It was really balanced.

Acoustic version of Demon of the Fall woulda been pretty cool actually.
Sail upon the open skies
Yeah man he's such a great fellow. I got him to play the intro to Harvest and someone else got Face of Melinda out of him. I hung around out back *it was f*cking freezing* till about 1am to meet him, had a right good chat with Fred, Mike and Joachim. Really nice guys, seriously. Some old man was there with his son, and I think one of the funniest things I've ever heard:

Old guy - My son here is getting good at guitar now, what advice would you recommend to a young guitarist like him who likes Slipknot?

Mike - ... Don't listen to Slipknot.
Quote by angusfan16
Damn that must've been nice. I would love to hear Blackwater Park live. Bleak too.

Acoustic version of Demon of the Fall woulda been pretty cool actually.

He said they were going to play a Death Metal song with the acoustics and I thought he was joking. I want this, man. I want it so hard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbA0GGb0YWc
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
He said they were going to play a Death Metal song with the acoustics and I thought he was joking. I want this, man. I want it so hard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbA0GGb0YWc

My god this whole thing is great. WHY DIDN'T THEY DO THIS NOW IM EVEN MORE UPSET.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by K'Nuckles
I would pay some serious cash to see Opeth play Black Rose Immortal. Seriously, even if it was just the one song and there was nowt else.

Or Still Life. It could be called Still Live.

My favorite concert was the band Yes in 2008. They played all of Close to the Edge and some old classics. It went on for over 3 hours. All old songs.
Quote by Anthropocentric
Or Still Life. It could be called Still Live.

My favorite concert was the band Yes in 2008. They played all of Close to the Edge and some old classics. It went on for over 3 hours. All old songs.

I would kill to see that. It's my favorite album. Still Life that is. Yes is cool though.

I hope they release a studio version of that rendition though. I saw someone suggest a reworking of some of their other stuff into acoustic for an album. That would be awesome. Or just an entirely acoustic MAYH.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
I would kill to see that. It's my favorite album. Still Life that is. Yes is cool though.

I hope they release a studio version of that rendition though. I saw someone suggest a reworking of some of their other stuff into acoustic for an album. That would be awesome. Or just an entirely acoustic MAYH.

I liked that video too. If he doesn't want to scream anymore he can just do that goth-type low pitched baritone thing. It sounds really cool and he can do it because he has a natural low voice.
Quote by K'Nuckles
Still Life and Morningrise are my two favourites. Still Live. That is possibly the best idea I've heard on this forum.

You clearly missed the pitch for Still Life pt. 2

Still Live is genius though.
Quote by BladeSlinger
Quote by TheMantipede
So Still Life: Part 2?

Melinda comes back as a zombie and eats people's faces. Mike has an epic battle with her while wielding a fence post.

Quote by progbass
Mikeal posted a new blog, its pretty funny.

EDIT: Ask if he will ever make Still Life part 2 (In Space) with Melinda coming back to life as a zombie and the main character has to fight her with a fencepost

That's from years ago.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at Jun 5, 2013,
Still Live does sound great.

Hard to pick my favorites. Damnation is my number one but i dunno if i'd want to see a concert of that entire album. My Arms, Your Hearse would be a cool album to hear live.
Sail upon the open skies
Incubus on the Morning View tour.

The Seldom Scene at a botanical garden in Henrico. Tiny concert, perfect sound, awesome night.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Opeth could also pull a Coheed and play an album per night. Instead of Still Life 2, there could be a sequel or prequel from another character's perspective.
Quote by BladeSlinger
bebr isn real music

u say beiber i say METALLICA

mintrman23 liekd dis comentn

Quote by K'Nuckles
^ M8 that idea is so dench. The townsfolk? Melinda?

EDIT: To Anthro

Sure. Coheed and Rhapsody of Fire have discographies all telling one story. I don't see why Opeth couldn't make a few sequels or prequels if they really wanted to.
Furthur
Allman Brothers, twice
Rogers Waters The Wall (got to meet him)
Carolina Chocolate Drops, front row
Hot Tuna, three times, got my 1967 JA album signed the second time and got a setlist the third
Ray Manzarek (RIP)
Steel Pulse

Seeing Taj Mahal in two days
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Last edited by Swannie at Jun 5, 2013,
Page 1 of 3