Hey guys, i've got an Ampeg svt210HE cab that i've had for years now. I used it in my guitar rig for a while but a while back it just stopped making any sound. I'm not much of a techy so I have no idea on why it's not working. 99% sure the speakers aren't blown, they look just fine. Any ideas on why it may not be working? I'm assuming it's something to do with the circuit board part of it (not sure on what it's actually called!)

Cheers for any advice guys
1980 Gibson Silverburst Les Paul Custom
Gretsch G5445T Electromatic Double Jet
De Armond MT-75
1978 Aria Pro 2 Les Paul Standard (Lawsuit)

Orange Rockerverb 100 Head
Orange Rocker 30 Head
Orange 4x12 Cab
Vampower 4x12 Cab
Ampeg 2x10 Cab

Ain't telling you my pedals!
yeah, it's 1000% definitely the cab
De Armond MT-75

Orange Rocker 30 Head
Orange 4x12 Cab
Vampower 4x12 Cab
Ampeg 2x10 Cab

Take the back off and spot if a wire is broken / has come off, probably on the input connector.

I take it that it has a small circuit board with the cross - over on it. Look for a broken / burnt out component on this.
Last edited by PSimonR at Jun 6, 2013,
Thanks PSimonR i'll have another look at it, I did look a while back and there was one big black part that looked loose, think my dad tried re soldering it but it still didn't work
De Armond MT-75

Orange Rocker 30 Head
Orange 4x12 Cab
Vampower 4x12 Cab
Ampeg 2x10 Cab

Quote by qotsakyuss
Thanks PSimonR i'll have another look at it, I did look a while back and there was one big black part that looked loose, think my dad tried re soldering it but it still didn't work
Take pictures and post them up here after you open it up. Preferably in a decent resolution and close up on the connections you're talking about.

Kyuss is awesome, BTW. And early Qotsa.
Shall do so tomorrow ExDementia I'm a bigger Qotsa fan than a kyuss fan myself, first queens album is deffo my fave though! Loving the new album too
De Armond MT-75

Orange Rocker 30 Head
Orange 4x12 Cab
Vampower 4x12 Cab
Ampeg 2x10 Cab

And you can check each speaker easily enough. Disconnect it and measure the resistance across it with a multimeter. Should be about 3 ohms. They're 4 ohm speakers iirc so it should be just a little less than 4.
However, if a single speaker was blown half of the cab would still be working. Sounds more like a piece of common wiring like at the input jack or even the input jack itself.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification