Really enjoying this track! Love that acoustic intro, and when the vocals kick in the first thing to instantly come to my mind was it being sort of Radiohead-ish which is a great thing.
I really like that piano break section around 1:32, and the change to guitar with a little backing piano ditty at 2:24 is awesome. The trippy section from 3:28 onward is excellent and gives the feeling of transitioning into a different world, with the ending section driving the point home.

Overall, great job on this!
I downloaded a .exe once, opened it, and it pretty much nailed my computer, and yes, by nailed I mean, got it's **** out and shoved it in my computers ass.
Quote by etherealprince
Really enjoying this track! Love that acoustic intro, and when the vocals kick in the first thing to instantly come to my mind was it being sort of Radiohead-ish which is a great thing.
I really like that piano break section around 1:32, and the change to guitar with a little backing piano ditty at 2:24 is awesome. The trippy section from 3:28 onward is excellent and gives the feeling of transitioning into a different world, with the ending section driving the point home.

Overall, great job on this!

Thanks! You understood what I was trying to do. I appreciate your comments.
Jehannum,
I think I heard a hiccup at 0:29 (edit point perhaps). This has a 70's vibe for me, fine by me. If my memory serves me, this is the most mellow song I've heard you do. Vocals are pretty good, except they are bit pitchy at times (I think Melodyne would help). I like most of the melodies. Audio quality is good. Playing is pretty tight. Nice song. Please review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1605464
Quote by aaron aardvark
Jehannum,
I think I heard a hiccup at 0:29 (edit point perhaps).

It was where I reduced the volume of the "acoustic guitar" in the mixing. Nasty. Thanks for pointing it out. Fixed it now.
Classic ballad-y intro. Really like way the other instruments lay on top of the acoustic guitar. TBH I was hoping the song would get heavy and explode into some intensely angry screaming, kind of let down. I like your voice though. I don't feel like the verse fits with the intro and chorus(?). It kind of goes from sad to happy and back to sad. I'm hearing a completely different song in my head and it's heavy and mean with some growling mixed with some Iron Maiden style vocals. Despite it not being what I hear in my head, I did like it and I enjoyed letting my brain write a different song based on what you had started. Thanks for C4C. Well done, keep doing your thing.
Thanks for the crit man, here's yours:

Very ballady intro - sounds quite old school, but it works. All the instrumentation and mixing sounds absolutely fine, the only thing that grates me slightly is the obvious machine-likeness of the drums. A touch of velocity (perhaps more drastic) changing can humanize it a bit more.

I like the section around the 2:00 mark - very dark sounding, sort of reminds me of Porcupine Tree in fact! The lyrics for this song are very well thought out, cool subject choice.

3:29 onwards sound really great, you should definitely do some more of this kind of thing. Great panning effects and overall ambience in this part.

Overall it's a neat track - obviously with a more convincing drum sound/live drums it would sound perfect but good work nonetheless.
Quote by doofus41
Despite it not being what I hear in my head, I did like it and I enjoyed letting my brain write a different song based on what you had started.

I want royalties!
Yeah, the song sounded pretty unique.

The verse somehow reminded me of Nirvana. Maybe it was the chord progression.

The first two choruses sounded really dramatic, I liked them. The part between the second chorus and last chorus was a bit random. It kind of lacked something. I mean, it sounded a bit out of place and it could have had some kind of melody over it. Or something before it. But I like the part just before the last chorus. The last chorus could have been a bit heavier but works this way too. Also I was expecting the chorus to be repeated one more time but then it just ended. Nothing bad with it, it might actually work better this way.

C4C https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1606406
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115