Putting a new neck on my dean explorer bass, never was happy with the inverted "V" headstock. Think I should replace the pickup while I am at it. Current one has some rust on the polepieces.
Any suggestions on a pup? The one in there now is super hot without being active, but it's not really punchy. I like some solid highs in there too.
EMG, Bartolini? Any verdicts?
I have Barts in my Ibby that i bought in the last year, they have a real great range, plenty of highs too, i usually dial the treble to 5 (right at the indent between boost and cut) so that they dont overpower everything else at that frequency. I'm working with 2 Bartolini MK1s (active), they have no hum and are silent as the grave when the strings are muted. Haven't had any interference problems either. Ive had soapbars on most of my basses and these are probably the best so far, of course this was one of my first 'higher cost' bass purchases.

from the manufacturer:
Bartolini® MK1 Pickups
The MK1 pickups are split coil designs that provides a very wide frequency range and enhanced definition for maximum accuracy.
The Neck and Bridge pickups have equal response, like traditional single coils, but without the hum and noise.