Hi Guys,

I have two cracks in the body of my Squier guitare.
There is one crack on each side of the guitare..
The cracks start from the neck.

Is it something bad, reaally bad, really really bad or nothing wrong...?
Did it happen to anyone else??

Check the pics..
(Invalid img)
(Invalid img)

Cheers
Last edited by etyoop at Jun 7, 2013,
I've seen quite a few of these threads recently which is surprising considering all the championing they get from some people. Not so many Fender ones. Actually, none.

Go figure.

TS, You won't be able to post links, add them to the post.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Last edited by Mephaphil at Jun 6, 2013,
It's a fender thing, It happens to some of them. It's caused by the stress of the bolt on neck, it cracks the finish ever so slightly. Rest assured that they are only finish deep, and do not cause structural damage in any way, shape, or form. It's completely aesthetic.

It's just as common in non-fender bolt on guitars. Fender designed a solution in the 70's, infamously known as the "three bolt neck", but it didn't catch on with fender purists.
Quote by tukk04
It's a fender thing, It happens to some of them. It's caused by the stress of the bolt on neck, it cracks the finish ever so slightly. Rest assured that they are only finish deep, and do not cause structural damage in any way, shape, or form. It's completely aesthetic.

It's just as common in non-fender bolt on guitars. Fender designed a solution in the 70's, infamously known as the "three bolt neck", but it didn't catch on with fender purists.

I was going to post it was most likely just the finish, btu it seems I was beat.
Main Rig:

Epiphone MKH Les Paul Custom 7 - Ronda
Ibanez RG8 "Scarlet" - AKA The Rambanez
Fender Strat "Danielle"/"Dani"
Line 6 POD HD Pro
Randall XL 4x12

Come join us...

Purchase list: Jim Root Tele, Jim Root Jazzmaster, MTM20
Ok, Thank you. I am assure..
So, it is only a crack the finish.
Well, coming from the acoustic guitar world, I thought these cracks were really bad. Because if you have such a crack next to the neck of your acoustic guitare, I think your guitare will sound untuned..
Last edited by etyoop at Jun 7, 2013,