just curious is all...no big deal.

other than someone telling you to just practice by figuring it out by ear, or copying and pasting EZ tab they googled off the net that isn't very accurate.

i'm wondering how many pro ears actually visit here to help.
iv helped people with tabs a while back. was some "betcha cant play this" licks from guitar world issues that i didn't have. basically tabbed them from watching the video and using my ear. im far from having pro ears.
I was wondering the same thing. Thats what i am trying to do at the moment. A bit off-topíc but has to do with what u are talking about. I a big Iron Maiden fan, and i really enjoy making guitar/collab covers aswell as watching them online. The thing i notice when it comes to accurate Maiden tabs is, most people learn from wrong internet tabs (and play believing they learn the right notes :-( ). Other players get it by ear and from what i can tell, they get the closer to the real deal.

The reason why i came here is to try to help other fans learn the correct notes (im also no Pro ear, but lets say i am patient and passionate and happen to know corrections to many licks/riffs/solos for their available tabs.

I am currently having trouble uploading my version of the tabs/files, i am a new user but it seems a bit hard to upload new versions of songs which have good rating. In reality most (Maiden) songs i checked over the web have many incorrect notes (not positionwise of course, i mean an "A" where it should be a "C" kind of stuff).

Anyway, sounds logic that you shoulb be able to fiind good transcribers here to help you (idk since im a newbie) and i am willing to help people with any Iron Maiden tabs. In case you dont find anyone, i can try to help, i dont know what kind of song you are talking about, but if i think i am able i might accept the challenge ^^

Another cool tool i found over the web yesterday was this website, wich is an online video-to-tab which i found very interesting way to tab a song. I tryed it out trabscribing this Bassline, feel free to check it out:

soundslice.com/tabs/5117/iron-maiden-wasted-years-bass-only-studio-version-tab/

Anything just message me, good luck!
OH and btw im a guitar player, not bass. I tabbed that bass because some songs i like to tab all instruments (but just ask me that if it is Maiden hehehe, cheers
Of course there are contributors here. Have you only been around since May?

There's a lot of requests here, much more than transcribers. Lot of them just register to get a tab then leave, meaning if someone's reg. date is today (or very recent) - they're less likely to get help because it looks like they just care about getting the tab and then leave (which actually happens very often).

Regardless how good your ears are, making tabs take time. Even if we can make out the (most likely notes of a) melody quickly, we still want to make sure every note is correct - and that the fretting is good - before submitting.
People sometimes requests full GP tabs of songs and expect someone to make it for them, without realizing that they're asking for a 10+hour job.

There's little to gain for transcribers other than musical experience and more understanding, better ears obviously. Also, nobody wants to transcribe music they don't like, meaning this section has a lot of requests for less popular songs nobody has cared to tab yet, they are often for a "special taste". Often a tabber would want to give tabs to a broader audience than one person so often he'll choose to make a full tab of something else rather than one specific request.

Those are some of the reasons.
Quote by Eddie82
OH and btw im a guitar player, not bass. I tabbed that bass because some songs i like to tab all instruments (but just ask me that if it is Maiden hehehe, cheers

i thought this section would help because of the last line of this 'Find the tabs you must have. Help others find the tabs they must have. Tablature talk ahead.'

but anyway. you probably already know this, but guitar world had wasted years tab done once for the guitar and bass in one issue, as well as other maiden songs.

the tab i usually want can't be found in a tab book or on the net after extensive searching.
Last edited by dog_style at Jun 7, 2013,
Quote by fanapathy
Of course there are contributors here. Have you only been around since May?

There's a lot of requests here, much more than transcribers. Lot of them just register to get a tab then leave, meaning if someone's reg. date is today (or very recent) - they're less likely to get help because it looks like they just care about getting the tab and then leave (which actually happens very often).

Regardless how good your ears are, making tabs take time. Even if we can make out the (most likely notes of a) melody quickly, we still want to make sure every note is correct - and that the fretting is good - before submitting.
People sometimes requests full GP tabs of songs and expect someone to make it for them, without realizing that they're asking for a 10+hour job.

There's little to gain for transcribers other than musical experience and more understanding, better ears obviously. Also, nobody wants to transcribe music they don't like, meaning this section has a lot of requests for less popular songs nobody has cared to tab yet, they are often for a "special taste". Often a tabber would want to give tabs to a broader audience than one person so often he'll choose to make a full tab of something else rather than one specific request.

Those are some of the reasons.

i haven't been here long but i have looked at many thread tab requests. maybe people give them answers in more private by PM or email, so that's why i ask.

i see your point on the rest of what you said. maybe if this site had a lot more regular members then that would increase our chance.
i would think there would be some musicians who are pro but don't play out as much anymore and might have nothing better to do, or much to do and wanna help. perhaps older musicians who paid their dues reaped some rewards, sewn their seeds for them over the years of playing music. just a thought.
I've tabbed quite a few things out for people. Most being small licks, others being 3+ minute songs.
no, i've requested many many tabs with no response at all...so yeah.. i've stopped wasting my time
Most active tabbers hardly visit these forums, from my experience. But I've completed 3 requests so far. One request from the tabs requested queue, which was a song I wanted to do. And the other two from people contacting me via comments on my profile or PM... because I tabbed a song by a band they liked, and they wanted a specific song from said band.

The only tab I ever requested someone else to do here, they did for me. But that was because they tabbed a song from the same band, and I asked if they could give the one I wanted a shot.

I see some of the requests in the tab talk forum, and the songs are always ones I've never heard. So with the tons of songs I want to tab, there's very little incentive for me to tab random requests.
I have tabbed quite a few... As well as some others I know... To me personally I only tab a song if I like it in particular... And I am sure others do as well... I think that is just human nature... So if someone makes a request I listen to the song and if it is something I sort of like I will tab it out and then post it...certain genre of music I am not really into so I will pass on those....

Also, sometimes especially when I have seen a request by a person who just has joined ultimate guitar I am also kind of Leary as I have posted the request only to find the person never came back to get it... Even after I sent them a message stating I had done their request.....

So to me it mainly comes down to having find a person that also likes the same song as you are requesting to have them do the tab.... And sometimes within obscure band it is near impossible to find anyone willing to do it.... But, that said it doesn't hurt to ask....
Quote by DON CZARSKI
I have tabbed quite a few... As well as some others I know... To me personally I only tab a song if I like it in particular... And I am sure others do as well... I think that is just human nature... So if someone makes a request I listen to the song and if it is something I sort of like I will tab it out and then post it...certain genre of music I am not really into so I will pass on those....

Also, sometimes especially when I have seen a request by a person who just has joined ultimate guitar I am also kind of Leary as I have posted the request only to find the person never came back to get it... Even after I sent them a message stating I had done their request.....

So to me it mainly comes down to having find a person that also likes the same song as you are requesting to have them do the tab.... And sometimes within obscure band it is near impossible to find anyone willing to do it.... But, that said it doesn't hurt to ask....

makes sense to me.

unfortunately the songs i want i can't find tab in any tab books, online, magazines with tab or even a youtube video.
like the song blueberry hill is also kinda hard to hear with them old recordings and when i am trying to tab from piano to guitar.
maybe musicians are just getting lazier. craigslist seems to prove that.