I want to program the EXP pedal on my GT-10 to be a wah, and be able to activate it with the toe down switch, but I can't get the switch to do anything at all.

When I go to pedal calibration, regardless of what I set the THRES to or how hard I hit the pedal down, the light doesn't come on.

I can turn the wah on and off perfectly fine with a CTL switch, and the actual pedal works perfectly fine when it's on, I just cant' get it to turn on and off itself.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Hi there

Your best bet is to take your question to the boss gt central forum. If you haven't used this site already you should find it a fantastic area to gain shared knowledge about all things boss gt!
The answer is a Dunlop wah pedal. You need to fill your board.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
It is full, now!

I really don't even like wah that much... but might as well have it there since I have two exp pedals anyway.

Anyway, I found a workaround, for anyone else who might have this problem:

If you turn the wah on for the exp pedal, go into the pedal FX settings and set the Pedal Max Level for 85 or 90 or so. That way when the exp pedal is all the way on the toe position, the effect won't be on, and to turn it on just put your foot on the pedal. It will limit the range of the pedal by 10-15%, but that doesn't really matter that much, IMO. To turn the wah "off", just put it back in the toe down position.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
That's a cool solution.

Looks like you might have a GT-10 that needs repair or reset.

Your factory patches don't have a working wah where you step on it hard and engages with pedal switch light "on"?

I'd try a software reset, don't know how to do that but I am sure they have a way. If possible also firmware update if they have any.
It wouldn't be the first thing wrong with this GT-10.

Kind of crazy how it's such a complex unit you don't find things wrong til months later.

No, it doesn't do that. Really frustrating, but... the workaround works.

I should try the reset, but I have like 7 patches. Really don't want to redo it all.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X