I want to start doing album reviews, and I don't know where I can post them. Is there anywhere on here, or on another website/forum, that I could post them so others could read? Thanks
Well, there's places like Amazon that have review sections. There's also rateyourmusic.com that's mainly made up of album reviews, but these aren't likely to be viewed by many people. I dunno besides that.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
For future reference, the link is on the UG homepage. It's to the right of the search bar.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
To be fair, they can be better than militant metal sites by a mile.

I tend to exclude them, stuff like ANUS can be pretty cringe worthy.
Quote by anvil is god
I tend to exclude them, stuff like ANUS can be pretty cringe worthy.

Yeah, but they tend to leak onto other sites as well, like Metal-Archives or even Prog-Archives.
Quote by anvil is god
www.sputnikmusic.com
Really good community, although they can be a bit harsh.

Sputnik is kind of shitty, I've seen on there quite a few times where they have an entree for an upcoming album and the users are already giving it ratings before it's been heard and it stays when the album is released.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Metal Archives is terrible for reviews, badly informed and lazy revewing styles with no analysis involved, and the community is kinda dull.

For finding bands, its not bad, but there's a looooot of chaff to go though.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by Joshua1207
Feel free to review my album wink wink

I don't know if it's intended (creative license, expression, blah blah, etc.) but the timing on your stuff sounds like it's all over the place, on "sudden" especially.
Quote by tukk04
I don't know if it's intended (creative license, expression, blah blah, etc.) but the timing on your stuff sounds like it's all over the place, on "sudden" especially.

It sounded to me like it's intentional, at least that one note at the beginning that's always not where you want it to be. Interesting stuff.
Get a blog. It's free and easy. If you don't want to do that, try Sputnik, but only if you're actually a good writer, because it's incredibly annoying to see shitty reviews on a good site. If you're in high school or college, write for your school paper. If you're serious about writing, contact local publications. Like Sam (sort of) suggested, stay away from the militant metal- and prog-heads (for now, at least). I'd stay away from UG since their reviews are usually pretty poorly written imo (though there are some occasionally pretty well-written ones on there), but it's up to you.
Quote by RealUnrealRob
It sounded to me like it's intentional, at least that one note at the beginning that's always not where you want it to be. Interesting stuff.

Oh, it was very intentional on that song, Sudden. It helps convey the overall mood. Not sure what he really meant for my other songs. A good majority of it i program so they're like spot-on timing-wise.
Anyways, I more so meant about checking out my album on bandcamp though, not my soundcloud stuff.
Last edited by Joshua1207 at Jun 7, 2013,