Page 1 of 5
Since bradulator was bringing up healthy eating in another thread, I thought I'd ask about this.

Basically, at one point (if any) do you think certain foods from places (most likely fast food) should be banned (legally) because they're too unhealthy? Is there any food right now that you think should be banned.

Never had either. I don't think it should be illegal but NY state is banning everything else so might as well.
No, the government shouldn't be paternalisitic. We don't need any kind of food to be banned.

Although, I wouldn't be opposed to at least putting warning labels on foods that are chock full of preservatives.
Not your best thread, Madcap. I still believe in you, though. You'll get it next time.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
I think it would do everyone some good if bacon was banned from being used in non-bacon products (burgers, milkshakes, icecream, ect). People wonder why half this country is goddamn fat.
¯\_()_/¯
Quote by CaptainCanti
I think it would do everyone some good if bacon was banned from being used in non-bacon products (burgers, milkshakes, icecream, ect). People wonder why half this country is goddamn fat.

Why should we ban bacon just people are too irresponsible to not order burgers without bacon?
Quote by The Madcap
Basically, at one point (if any) do you think certain foods from places (most likely fast food) should be banned (legally) because they're too unhealthy?

No of course not. If you are for drug legalization based on the principle of "it's your body" then I highly doubt you can object to food being legal.

Let people do what they want to themselves. Then laugh at them when complain about doors being too small, or the room they're in suddenly decreasing in size.

Is there any food right now that you think should be banned.

No, of course not.

Except maybe shellfish because I can't eat it as I'm allergic. I like to make sure everyone suffers because I have to suffer.
Quote by CaptainCanti

Dude

the****
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Why should we ban bacon just people are too irresponsible to not order burgers without bacon?

Your balls. You lost the right to them. Hand them over.
Quote by JustRooster
Not your best thread, Madcap. I still believe in you, though. You'll get it next time.
People only judge my threads this way.

I've already accepted that I will never top this.
Quote by Anthropocentric

Never had either. I don't think it should be illegal but NY state is banning everything else so might as well.

why is there bacon in that ice cream sundae?

Quote by crazysam23_Atax

Because bacon is probably the most unhealthy thing you can get on a burger.
¯\_()_/¯
yes of course. if mcdonalds set up a new arsenic infused burger deluxe, would you not want to ban that?
Quote by The Madcap

Awesome thread, it's weird to see how differently I posted then.

I've watched a shit ton of DBZ since you started that thread and I probably would've chosen differently now.
Quote by The Madcap

That is seriously a hard choice. But if I had Goku's powers I'd hope I could get any woman.

On topic: Don't ban foods but don't expect me to pay for your healthcare. Too many people gonna die from da dolla menu.
Quote by Eastwinn
yes of course. if mcdonalds set up a new arsenic infused burger deluxe, would you not want to ban that?

All of your freedom to eat whatever you want on one burger, with the added side of solving over-population.

There is no downside to the Arsenic Infused Burger Deluxe from Mcdonalds.
Quote by CaptainCanti

And...so we should ban bacon because people are, fully aware that it can be unhealthy for you, choose to eat it anyway? Yeah, no...
Quote by MinterMan22
why is there bacon in that ice cream sundae?

Why is there anything?

Quote by CaptainCanti

And most delicious
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
And...so we should ban bacon because people are, fully aware that it can be unhealthy for you, choose to eat it anyway? Yeah, no...

I'm not saying we should ban bacon in general. Just stop it from being used on burgers, and stuff like that. I don't think this country could survive without bacon.
¯\_()_/¯
Seeing as I believe in assisted suicide, the answer would be no.

>You can't eat that; it'll kill you eventually
>You can eat that; it will kill you immediately

Wat
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by CaptainCanti
I'm not saying we should ban bacon in general. Just stop it from being used on burgers, and stuff like that. I don't think this country could survive without bacon.

The bacon they put on fast food burgers is usually uncooked anyway. I got a baconater the other day and the bacon was like chewing gum.
Quote by primusfan
if you outlaw big macs only big macs will have outlaws

Big Macs are gross anyway. I wish there was a Hardee's or Carl's Jr where I lived. Or even a Jack in the Box. The shit we have here is so bland.
Cheesecake Factory should be banned. Most of their shit has enough calories in one meal to last you a week.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by whywefight
Awesome thread, it's weird to see how differently I posted then.

I've watched a shit ton of DBZ since you started that thread and I probably would've chosen differently now.
I now know I've made my positive influence in the Pit.
Banning food is stupid. It'd be better if people were educated on how stupid they are for eating those foods because they have disgusting ingredients in them that are nothing but unhealthy.

People are allowed to make their own stupid decisions and deal with the consequences of their stupid decisions.

Stupid.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
Quote by angusfan16
Cheesecake Factory should be banned. Most of their shit has enough calories in one meal to last you a week.

Then don't eat there!!
Quote by Anthropocentric
Why is there anything?

ha

Quote by CaptainCanti

The details of what you're saying are irrelevant. If you want to advocate for healthy eating, then educate people on what is and isn't unhealthy. Don't ban a damn thing.

Btw, why is it that everyone runs to ban unhealthy food, but we ignore that half of our food is full of preservatives, which are unhealthy for you in the long run? It seems rather hypocritical to me.

Quote by angusfan16

I will end you...
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Jun 7, 2013,
Quote by Masquirina
Everyone just calm down, enter this amusement park, and jump into a vat of cereal.

I hate cereal

Quote by crazysam23_Atax
I will end you...

I don't even like that place and I'll defend you. All you fags wanting to ban shit are as bad as nazis and need to get off my country if you're American. Now. Go to Switzerland or whatever fancy ass country you want. We don't need or want you here.
Last edited by Anthropocentric at Jun 7, 2013,
**** no!

I'll eat whatever I want to eat. Healthy or not (usually not)
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Page 1 of 5