hey all,

I have been offered to buy a used fender twin reverb silverface from the 70's for $999

i do not know much about this amp so hopefully you guys can help.
I am a jazz guitarist so a good, strong clean tone is a must. I also often play fusion styles with gain, so i need that channel to have some strength as well. What are your overall thoughts on the amp guys?

thanks
Last edited by crimpus at Jun 7, 2013,
Do you know any of the amp specifics? If it's a pre-1972 Silverface (the one without a master volume) it is a bit more desirable. Those can be easily modded over to pre-CBS Blackface specs, which sound much better IMO.

If it is a master volume Twin, they are still good amps, but to me personally they sound a little flatter in response to the Blackfaces.
For the most part, they're pretty nice. What year is it exactly? $999 is a little steep I'd try to talk it down

Edit: You won't be able to get a lot of gain with the amp (unless you REALLY blast it). I'd look into a BB Preamp or a Zendrive for your overdriven fusion stuff
Last edited by schecter ftw at Jun 7, 2013,
It's a great amp, and I'd recommend it, but you can usually find them for cheaper than almost $1000

I see them go in the $500-$700 range all the time on craigslist.