I've had this TonePort since 2008 and it has always worked perfectly on my old computer (Windows XP). However, that computer recently gave out so I tried setting up the TonePort on my laptop (Vista) but there are countless issues with it. Here are some of the problems I've experienced:

- I can't get my laptop to use the Toneport as default audio output device. That means I can hear myself playing guitar through the "Gearbox" software but I can't get YouTube videos to play sound for instance. Gearbox seems to be the only thing my laptop recognizes as sound.
- Whenever I plug it in, many programmes just freeze and stop working (Reaper, Audacity, iTunes, ..) but when I unplug it, they all magically unfreeze.
- Reaper can't recognize the microphone function of the TonePort but Audacity can. I can see the soundwaves as I'm recording but when I press "stop," Audacity freezes as well.

Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this? I'm guessing it's most likely not compatible with Vista or something because it seems to **** up all my computer's standard functions..
We are "PSYCHONAUT", Psychedelic/Stoner/Sludge from Belgium.

Check out our recordings and shows here:

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook
You can see if the UX1 is seen by Windows by typing Start->Search "Sound" and selecting "Change Sound Settings", if you see other audio cards there make sure you right click on one of them and see that it is set to display "disabled" cards as well. Then go ahead and enable the card.

If that doesn't work you need to see if you have the right drivers and which version of Windows Vista you're using 32bit or 64bit. Look up the installation instructions and reinstall.
Quote by cocacolabottle
(Vista)

This thread is of interest to me

I have a UX1 and honestly didn't have a lot of problems with it on Vista but had a really bad experience with Vista as a whole and am now on a new laptop running Win 8 and need to migrate everything over to that.
Quote by diabolical
If that doesn't work you need to see if you have the right drivers and which version of Windows Vista you're using 32bit or 64bit. Look up the installation instructions and reinstall.

Yes!! It's working I guess I must have accidentally checked off the box with the 64bit drivers instead of the 32bit. Thanks a lot for the advice!
We are "PSYCHONAUT", Psychedelic/Stoner/Sludge from Belgium.

Check out our recordings and shows here:

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook