Hello!

I'll buy a new guitar soon for about 400-500€. I mostly play metal, heavy metal. i was looking at ESP LTD kh-202 Kirk Hammett signature and Epiphone 1984 explorer with EMG81/85. Can u tell me which guitar should i buy and which amp is good combination for this 2 guitars?

Thanks
Last edited by zany94 at Jun 7, 2013,
what's your budget for the amp? do you have any other guitar gear already?

what part of europe are you in? (country, i don't want your address )
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Epiphone 1984 explorer with EMG81/85. Especially for metal. The kh202 is NOT the kh602.

Amp for beginner - cheap MG, Line6, vypyer thing, 30 watt.... upgrade when you want to work on better tone tone as you get more experience. I liked the digitech pedals when I started...Rp series are cheap and fun.

Good Luck!
Quote by Chevywizz

Amp for beginner - cheap MG, Line6, vypyer thing, 30 watt

Don't buy MG or Line 6. It would be a lot better if you would get Peavey Vypyr.
Quote by Dave_Mc
what's your budget for the amp? do you have any other guitar gear already?

what part of europe are you in? (country, i don't want your address )

I'm from Slovenia and i'm ready to spend about 450€ for amp.
Quote by JackovSlayer
Don't buy MG or Line 6. It would be a lot better if you would get Peavey Vypyr.

What about Vox AD30VT - xl?
Quote by zany94
I'm from Slovenia and i'm ready to spend about 450€ for amp.

ah ok, thanks. are you willing to buy from thomann? I'm assuming they ship to slovenia for free (or at least cheap).

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
ah ok, thanks. are you willing to buy from thomann? I'm assuming they ship to slovenia for free (or at least cheap).

Yes
sweet

get a jet city on thomann

e.g. http://www.thomann.de/gb/jet_city_amplification_jca50h.htm

or

http://www.thomann.de/gb/jet_city_amplification_jca22h_guitar_head.htm

+

http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_g212_vintage.htm (don't listen when they say the jet city cab is better, the harley benton cab is at least as good, and the speakers in it are far superior)

+

a speaker cable

that's a little over your budget, but only slightly. FWIW i'd probably cut the guitar budget slightly if it meant being able to get that amp rig, because it's a really good deal and is far better than anything you can get for less for high gain tones, and in fact far better than most things which cost quite a bit more (unless you just happen to get lucky and get a really good deal in a sale or something like that, which you can never rule out). You could also get the combo version and would save a bit of money, but they never seem to be in stock at thomann.

i'd take the epi explorer above the KH signature guitar, fwiw (though i'm going by the other epis I've tried, I haven't tried that exact one).

i'm not too well up on guitars at that price point. thomann still has a japanese-built pawn shop 51 in stock for around your budget, which is gonna be hard to beat for your budget (hard to beat for double your budget, i would say), but i'm guessing it's not really aimed at metal either, so might not be the best plan.

you just need to be careful because at your budget you can get really good guitars if you know what you're doing, but you can also get palmed off with crap as plenty of guitarists at that budget don't know what they're doing (e.g. avoid signature models and cheap floyd rose tremolos and the like).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?