It's a marshal tsl122. The power light doesn't turn on. The cables are good. I tried replacing the fuses in the slots at the back. Has anyone got an idea how to fix it?
There is probably a fuse or two inside the amp as well. You could probably determine that by looking at a schematic or searching a bit further. Either way, it can be dangerous poking around inside of tube amp because they hold a charge even if unplugged (most of them anyway).d

Cathbard probably knows for sure but I doubt he is up this late.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
There is probably a fuse or two inside the amp as well. You could probably determine that by looking at a schematic or searching a bit further. Either way, it can be dangerous poking around inside of tube amp because they hold a charge even if unplugged (most of them anyway).d

Cathbard probably knows for sure but I doubt he is up this late.

I'll do Cath's job, one sec
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
There are 4 internal fuses as far as I can see, attached to the heater supply of each of the power tubes. 6.3A Slow Blows, most likely 20mm glass ones.

If you're not confident around high voltages then take it to a tech to get it looked over. If you are confident, make sure you have a multimeter set to at least 600VDC and test for any live voltages, particularly on the big caps (which can be done by testing the pins on the power tubes in reference to ground) and make sure it's all <10VDC before doing anything
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
There could also be bad solder joints on the connections between the power cord socket and the PT. Have you checked the cord itself?

Jackson RR3 Rhoads and DK2M Dinky
Peavey 6505+ w/ Avatar 212 cab
Ibanez TS9, ISP Decimator, MXR 10 Band EQ
-Digitech RP1000
Thanks for your replies guys. I think I would rather take the amp to a tech than go poking around inside it.
Quote by Tremolo Bum
There could also be bad solder joints on the connections between the power cord socket and the PT. Have you checked the cord itself?

My computer broke too at the same time as the amp. I had to buy a new one. I think they get fried by a power surge or something.
Was there a lightening strike or something? Maybe you should get the power at your home checked out. By an electrician.

You can safely open your amp up and check those fuses but you have to be super careful. You have to be sure to not touch anything else inside the amp basically. Not just the caps (the part that hold the voltage). Any trace to those or the power section can lend a lethal dose. If you put one hand in your pocket and use the other hand to pull the fuses I'm confident you won't electrocute yourself in a deadly way. If you are mildly adverse to trying then take it to a tech.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Jun 9, 2013,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Was there a lightening strike or something? Maybe you should get the power at your home checked out. By an electrician.

You can safely open your amp up and check those fuses but you have to be super careful. You have to be sure to not touch anything else inside the amp basically. Not just the caps (the part that hold the voltage). Any trace to those or the power section can lend a lethal dose. If you put one hand in your pocket and use the other hand to pull the fuses I'm confident you won't electrocute yourself. If you are mildly adverse to trying then take it to a tech.

No there wasn't a lightning strike. I don't know how it happened.

I think I will try to fix it myself before paying for a tech to do it. I am a little nervous about opening it up myself though. I'll do some research on it to make sure I know what i'm doing.
Always, always, always plug expensive electronics into a surge protector. Where are you from? When I was working IT we had restaurants all over Florida, Georgia and other states around there who would plug their registers into cheap power strips or just the wall and they inevitably took a hit and we had to replace them.
There are a couple of connectors of the primary side of the power transformer iirc. You may have burned one of those out. Look for scorching - and buy a surge protector. That sounds like the initial cause to me.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by INSULIN
it want turn on .buy it some flowers and chocolates

Why bump an old thread for a stupid comment?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.