What is the single greatest individual memorable guitar note in a song? I don’t mean G# or something dumb like that. But in the context of a song, what one note just seems to be absolutely perfectly placed at the right time to achieve resolution/suspense/feeling/whatever…

Multiple notes don’t count (as there are millions of cool passages and riffs), neither do chords; however, bending a note a half-step (or multiple) does…

Here are some examples of what I’m talking about:

Prince: Let’s Go Crazy – the extremely high bend which starts the outro solo

Heart: Magic Man – the note when the whole band is silent near the middle of the solo

Pantera: Cemetery Gates – the final squealing harmonic which completes the ascending back and forth passage with the vocals

Can anyone add any more?
First note of the 'chill' section of Sabbath's Symptom Of The Universe. The whole song is great, but when the solos fade, you're like "K. Nice solo, Tony. Song must be ov- OHHH!!"
2:32 descending line down to Ab acting as a b7 against Bb7 chord on keyboard.

4:49 bending up to a major 9 against Dm vamp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGzibVH-YCA
That one off of Parisienne Walkways
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
The open G at the end of 6:08. I don't know what it is about it, it just seems like it shouldn't be there, even though there's obviously been some kind of plan for it. I don't know, I just love that seemingly random note that must have some meaning beyond me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pPvNqOb6RA
If bends count then...

The solo to "Love Hurts" by Nazareth.
I'm an
Engeneer
Enginear
Enginere

I'm Good at Math
http://youtu.be/_KGiRB1bXW4?t=4m19s

marty friedman - asu e no sanka

that note at 4:50 and at 5:05 are perfectly placed notes that are the only ones that come to mind when thinking of great single notes. thats marty friedman for you.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1
Quote by JDR3009
The open G at the end of 6:08. I don't know what it is about it, it just seems like it shouldn't be there, even though there's obviously been some kind of plan for it. I don't know, I just love that seemingly random note that must have some meaning beyond me.

Nah man Page was just sloppy.
First note of the guitar solo of "Save Me" by Queen. Between the iconic tone of a Vox AC30 and Brian May's hands you get a sound so powerful it...
Makes you feel like you've just flabbergasted
Yeah I'm that guy who says I'm right
but more than likely is wrong

It happens doesn't it?
I like Garys strat ^ Single bridge Hpup and FR, I'd even play a strat like that, he was great
The bend that starts the solo of Back Door Man by The Doors. It sounds like it could be the best guitar solo ever. The rest of the solo is a bit meh though.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Quote by griffRG7321
Or any note played by Jeff Beck...

Haha +1 to that.
Black Sabbath - Iron Man , opening bend on the E

Smiths - How Soon is Now, that woooo-oooww sound. although I think that is probably a chord