Last two days iv been spending ages trying to get this simple. Little. 6 note pent atonic lick up to speed but the longer I practice it the worse I get ,did anyone ever have this happen ? It's sooo annoying !!!
Whenever this happened to me, I found it was because I just wasn't in a good place with it , mentally. Assuming its of a difficulty that you'd normally expect to be able to get, just leave it a few days, and come back to it one day when you generally are feeling good. Even if you are feeling good otherwise right now.

That's what worked for me quite often. YMMV.
Stop practicing it. Practice something else or just stop playing the guitar altogether and do something else.

Watch some tv, read a book, play some video games, go out for a meal or a coffee, go on holiday, learn to speak French, bake a cake...anything.

Go back to it in a couple of weeks and it'll probably be a whole lot less stressful.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
It's good to know its a common problem as I thought I was going mad !!i literally cudnt even play it at the slowest speed come the end my brain was just fried ! Frustrating to say the least and my solution was I wasn't practicing enough !!!
take a break from at least that lick and go on to something else...I'd also take the licks speed down a bit each time you approach it so you warm yourself up. I consider myself capable of playing fast(no shred stuff though), but even when I do play fast I have to warm up to it to get the fingers exercised first otherwise I'm sloppy.
Quote by steven seagull
Stop practicing it. Practice something else or just stop playing the guitar altogether and do something else.

Watch some tv, read a book, play some video games, go out for a meal or a coffee, go on holiday, learn to speak French, bake a cake...anything.

Go back to it in a couple of weeks and it'll probably be a whole lot less stressful.

Yeah, learn to speak french. That's a good idea. :P
"Sans la musique, la vie serait une erreur" Nietzsche
Quote by Syndromed
Yeah, learn to speak french. That's a good idea. :P

Well obviously not you. That'd be cheating.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
solution: your fingers/body is tired? get some sleep (or pop a red bull)
Your fingers get tired because, like any other part of your body, you are using muscles. Same as when you hit the gym.
When you practice a fast lick over and over your finger and wrist muscles get tired to the point where it becomes sluggish to play. Not only that, but you drain your brain mentally as well.
Take a small break or do something else.
Yup. Even though everybody says "you have to practice every day" dont take that too literally. Take breaks now and then, let your brain organize the new information it has received. Also dont focus on just one thing for weeks after weeks. You will burn yourself out and you will subconciously start to "resist" the thing you are doing from sheer boredom. Practice something different for a while, learn something new and return to the part you are having a problem with a fresh mind and possibly new skills up your sleeve.

So yes, take a holiday and learn french.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Last edited by MaaZeus at Jun 9, 2013,
Mwahahaha french power.

(I know my comments are totally useless).
"Sans la musique, la vie serait une erreur" Nietzsche
Take a break, and do something else. There is such a thing as practicing too much; it gets to a point where your brain can't repeat the action anymore, and you start getting worse. You just have to take a break, and try again after a good night's sleep (sleeping is very important for embedding the movements into your brain).
Agreed. Walk away from it and come back another day.

As long as there are no significant errors, first takes are often the best. I think this can apply to practice sessions too.