Page 1 of 2
Was looking around metal injection when I came across this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Txjq34Jnmhs

Context:
Megadeth played Machester, England last night, June 5th, 2013. They were having some technical problems a few songs into their set and had to leave the stage for about 10 minutes. When they returned, a fan allegedly started mercilessly booing the band.

I understand getting mad at someone for being rude, but he seemed to take it a bit far.
Just tell him to shut up and get on with it, or better yet, ignore him.

What do you guys think? Is it appropriate for musicians to insult their fans like this?
Last edited by Musicforyou17 at Jun 7, 2013,
How unprofessional. Big rockstar starts crying because one person flipped him the bird. He didn't have to attack his fans with homophobic slurs, he could have just as easily played off the technical difficulty.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
He is and always has been crazy, also holds like 8000 black belts in various styles so he is not exactly afraid to mix it up.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Man...

I hate when guys in bands act like this. It's so lame.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
No wonder Metallica fired him.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
I honestly would think this was awesome if he hadn't used the word "******." That's just a disgusting word, in my opinion, and definitely way too offensive for someone who is supposed to be a "professional." Dave has never been much of one, but he's at least supposed to try to act like it.
Last edited by MeGaDeth2314 at Jun 7, 2013,
http://youtu.be/BuLugxEjUlQ

Dave has probably had a hard day, leave him alone guise, he's just misunderstood.
Quote by bluestratplayer
I want blackstar. Here's a mustang buy it. Ok.

I imagine the dialog went something like this.
Honestly who hasn't called someone a ****** out of anger?
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
im not down with people calling others f-aggot cause there is no real reason to use that term, but seriously guys are you all women? you all are bitching about this and no one should care. I wouldn't listen or give a loser like that fan the time of day but at least he not pulling an axl rose.
Quote by kozmo4200
im not down with people calling others f-aggot cause there is no real reason to use that term, but seriously guys are you all women? you all are bitching about this

lol

Quote by losing battle

Me, nor would I ever. What if they were gay and you didn't know it?
Quote by losing battle

Yeah I mean we've all been 13 before
In my heart I'm with you

every night
I'm sure you done it more recently then you would like to admit.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by losing battle
I'm sure you done it more recently then you would like to admit.

Well, I actually have the ability to control what comes out of my mouth, so no, I haven't.
I'm not personally offended, but I do find it hilarious when guys try to act tough by insinuating they're going to perform a sexual act on another guy, forcefully. Who's the '******' in that scenario? If it wasn't already clear that Mustaine lacks empathy for gays, or people who disagree with him in general, I wouldn't read too much into him calling someone a fag, but here we are. When the bigotry shoe fits...

I'll be honest though, I have a lot of cognitive dissonance when it comes to the word '******'. I try really hard to be mindful of it, and I would never, ever try to make someone feel bad about their sexuality, but it just rolls of the tongue easily. I call my friends ******s, they call me a ******. I've personally never used it in its implication. It's bullshit, and it's immature, but most of the time, that's all it is.
Last edited by Iommianity at Jun 7, 2013,
I hate ******s, they flock to places like here on the internet because they would get their disgusting dick sucking jaw rocked in real life if they talked shit.
I didn't watch the video, but if you guys are seriously bitching about him calling someone a ****** you should probably worry more about cleaning the sand out of your vaginas.
Quote by Black Hazard
I hate ******s, they flock to places like here on the internet because they would get their disgusting dick sucking jaw rocked in real life if they talked shit.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by MeGaDeth2314

Then it would be true, and no fault would be had.
Quote by Mudmen190
First thing you should consider is that Megadeth is complete utter shit.

ftfy
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
So people are actually bitching about Dave getting pissed at the guy or how "politically incorrect" his insults were? I thought it was hilarious and I bet the guy deserved it, people payed money to hear Megadeth not some moron booing cos he's too inpatient. Admittedly though, he's always been abit of an unstable control freak as shown by his time with Metallica and Megadeth's numerous line-up changes but still.
My shitty gear:
Vox AD30VT-XL
Danelectro Fab Metal
Zoom 505 II
ESP Ltd MH-50
Quote by MeGaDeth2314

Things that happen when you call a gay guy, that you thought wasn't a gay guy, a faggot:

- Nothing
- He calls you a faggot
- He puts on his favourite pair of assless chaps (you know the ones, they have rhinestones that say "big daddy" on the crotch) and beats you senseless with his BDSM gear
- An awkward conversation occurs
- In a bizarre twist, you two become lovers until you both die on the same breath
- You hear laughter from the studio audience
WOW.
A batshit insane musician says something stupid.
What a major revelation.

ITT: People that need to get over Dave Mustaine saying stupid things.
Quote by MeGaDeth2314

In that case, you'd be pointing out their sexual preference.

Or you're yelling at a bundle of sticks.
there's like 2 people in this thread who i've seen before

Last edited by MinterMan22 at Jun 8, 2013,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqUDg_PKzBk

Why is it still surprising to people that Dave Mustaine isn't the nicest guy in the world? He's not a terrible person, but has the 'he's a cool guy' ship not sailed for most of UG already?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Quote by MinterMan22
there's like 2 people in this thread who i've seen before

Nice to meet you.
Quote by Musicforyou17
Nice to meet you.

nice to meet you too

Quote by arabmetallion
So people are actually bitching about Dave getting pissed at the guy or how "politically incorrect" his insults were? I thought it was hilarious and I bet the guy deserved it, people payed money to hear Megadeth not some moron booing cos he's too inpatient. Admittedly though, he's always been abit of an unstable control freak as shown by his time with Metallica and Megadeth's numerous line-up changes but still.

Yeah I did pay to see Megadeth. Nearly ****ing £40.

When a leaves the stage for nigh on 15 minutes,with precisely zero interaction with the crowd, yeah, people get pissy. That's over 10% of the gig you forked out your hard earned money for, and in my case travelled over 2 hours to see. With the flu. Then Mustaine starts going off about how the lighting was all ****ed up and they had to throw the lighting guy out because you guys paid to see Megadeth.... Yeah, we paid to see Megadeth so send a ****ing roadie or something! And then to waste yet another 5 minutes calling out someone who's justifiably pissed off? **** that shit. That was the fourth time I've seen Megadeth, don't think I'll be bothering again
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Page 1 of 2