Page 1 of 2
Hey bassist. You underrated warriors you silent knights you destroyers of- Well lets not go there.

Whats you rig or what do you want your rig to be?

Also a friend of mine is learning bass what should I suggest for his first bass guitar?
He likes explorer shaped guitars so maybe a Dean Metalman Z bass?
Death is life.
Be original; get a tuba.
Quote by rocklee1431
Wow, these all suck. Except for the Moth Whisperer over there.

Quote by VanTheKraut
If you voted anything other this, you're wrong and a queer and I personally challenge every last one of you to pistols at dawn.
How about you get him a guitar Hurdy Gurdy and a pair of testicles instead
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
Quote by hornet224
Be original; get a tuba.

But ive already got a flute and a tissue paper.
Death is life.
I play synth bass. It's bassier than your bass and I still have a hand free for fapping.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
My current rig is a Vintage EMJ96 4-string Jazz Bass and I run that through a Behringer BXL450A 45W bass amp.

I'm saving up for an Ibanez SR1205 5 string bass and a Trace Elliot AH1200-12 head and some Mesa Boogie Vintage Powerhouse bass cabs.

If he likes Explorer shaped guitars then an Epiphone Thunderbird would be nice to have but it is on the pricey side, but then again it does depend on what your into. I play a jazz bass for now and im using it for everything including metalcore, melodic death metal, rock, blues and even funk plus a mix of all of those its pretty versatile. different basses are suited to different styles of music just like guitars
Well, actually answering the question, as far as what I'd love my rig to be, hands down a Warwick Thumb 5 bolt on. As far as an amp, I'm not sure.

For your buddy, let him know that he should be more worried about playability and feel than how it looks. If he's really into the shape, look at ESP. They've got some bizarre shapes he'll probably dig that won't kill his bank at the get-go. Which is nice considering he's just starting and doesn't know if he'll hate it in a year.
I play synth bass, and wish my synth pedal had better tracking
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
I currently play an Ibanez BTB405QM through a 180W Ashdown Electric Blue amp
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Lol, bass.

Anyhoos, I currently run a Warwick Custom Shop Corvette. Don't really use an amp (Although I have an Ashdown Little Giant), I prefer to straight DI using a Dave Hall Amps VT1 valve DI/preamp.

I REALLY want a Warwick Infinity and a Thumb Singlecut fretless and a Drozd Barcelona Piccolo and a Ritter of some description and a Dingwall ABIII.
I have a Peavey Milestone 3. Even though it's a beginner bass, it is pretty decent.

I would like a Warwick, as they are a little more affordable than say, a Fender Jazz, which is what i would go for if money was no object. Yamaha do some pretty nice basses as well, if i was to get a new bass guitar it would probably be a 5 string, possibly this-

http://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical-instruments/guitars-basses/el-basses/trb/trb1005j/?mode=model

As for amps, i really don't know. If i was to get some new bass gear, i would probably go for an amp before an actual bass guitar.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Lol, bass.

uwotm8
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
Quote by donender
I have a Peavey Milestone 3. Even though it's a beginner bass, it is pretty decent.

I would like a Warwick, as they are a little more affordable than say, a Fender Jazz, which is what i would go for if money was no object. Yamaha do some pretty nice basses as well, if i was to get a new bass guitar it would probably be a 5 string, possibly this-

http://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical-instruments/guitars-basses/el-basses/trb/trb1005j/?mode=model

As for amps, i really don't know. If i was to get some new bass gear, i would probably go for an amp before an actual bass guitar.

Warwicks more affordable than Fender? Rockbass, maybe.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

I REALLY want a Warwick Infinity and a Thumb Singlecut fretless and a Drozd Barcelona Piccolo and a Ritter of some description and a Dingwall ABIII.

So what you're saying is you'd love to be independently wealthy.

Me too. Me too.
I'll take a stone bleached vampyre 5 string through a hellborg amp system with a bddi, bass muff, ehx bass micro synth and a shit ton of source audio effects split from the sansamp into in house speakers as well.
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Warwicks more affordable than Fender? Rockbass, maybe.

I've seen some used Warwick Corvettes between £500-£1000, whereas most Fenders i've seen have been at least a grand.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by donender
I've seen some used Warwick Corvettes between £500-£1000, whereas most Fenders i've seen have been at least a grand.

You're not looking in the right places, then. As an example, I've recently seen an American Highway Jazz with a John East preamp, Wizard pickups and a Badass bridge for £750, along with a fair few other American made Jazzes in the £600-£800 mark. Any GERMAN made Corvette you can find for less than £800 is, without a doubt, a bargain. The current high end Corvettes models are Korean. Warwick made very little money out of the German Corvette, as even though it was a 'budget' model, it still underwent all the expensive German treatment.
OP's profile says he's 17. I seriously don't believe that.
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
My bass is a Warwick Katana 5-stringer with the active MECs straight into a Genz Benz 250 watt something or other. Anyways this rig shakes the ****ing earth and sounds incredible. Terrible rig for slap, but any rock or jazz or even metal bows down in worship to it.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
i'm a guitarist and therefore i can play bass better than any bassist lol
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
Oh man so comfy. I love the D-neck on it, mine is i think wenge and ovangkol. I went like 4 years without even knowing it had a push-pull knob to switch from active to passive. My only gripe is that it's HEAVY. Anything more than a 90 minute gig and my shoulder and back are screaming at me lol.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

I'd love to try a Warwick out - a Thumb 4 perhaps (don't know what specific config).

But currently I'm running a Fender 70s re-issue Jazz through an Ashdown EB-150. Can't complain.
signature
Quote by Acϵ♠
Oh man so comfy. I love the D-neck on it, mine is i think wenge and ovangkol. I went like 4 years without even knowing it had a push-pull knob to switch from active to passive. My only gripe is that it's HEAVY. Anything more than a 90 minute gig and my shoulder and back are screaming at me lol.

An ovangkol necked Katana? Must be the old bolt on model then. Surprised you find it heavy, Warwick's swamp ash bodied offerings always seem quite manageable.
i'm running an rh450+212. planning on grabbing another 212 and a darkglass b7k this summer hopefully

i have a custom 4 string from a luthier in the metroplex but i'm hoping to get a conklin gt-7 here in a hwile. at that point i'll prob convert my 4 into a fretless
modes are a social construct
Quote by Deliriumbassist
An ovangkol necked Katana? Must be the old bolt on model then. Surprised you find it heavy, Warwick's swamp ash bodied offerings always seem quite manageable.

Yeah it is a bolt on neck, the bright red one. You'd think it'd be on the light side, but the Katana body is a pig. Thing weighs just under 15 lbs.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

I cant see them being really all that different aside from a glossy neck finish (well on a lot of them anyways). This is a bass guitar i'll probably have for decades, the thing is built like a tank and is damn near bulletproof. I had a Rock Bass before this and you could tell it was a budget Warick. This thing is the real deal, though.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

Page 1 of 2