Page 1 of 2
Right, so currently I'm about 80-90% deaf in my left ear, and I've had this on and off for a few months now. I'm away to a doctor in a few days blah blah

So to counter this problem when listening to music on headphones I would balance the sound so that most of the sound was panned to my left ear, until the sound was balanced. But what I've came to realise is that my left headphone was really bloody loud and now I have a ringing only in my left ear.

I've given myself tinnitus, haven't I?
You done ****ed up.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
I was so happy I found a way to listen to music again, didn't even notice the deaf ear. Then logic kicked in, bit too late.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
You done ****ed up.

Actually, I belief he dun goofed.

Yeah that sucks, man.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by Duffman123
I was so happy I found a way to listen to music again, didn't even notice the deaf ear. Then logic kicked in, bit too late.

It might not be permanent. How long has it been there?
Tinnitus sucks man... I worked around fighter jets the last four years and have it in both my ears (a VERY mild case of it, but it's there nonetheless)

You'll know if it's tinnitus if it lasts more than a week. If you just noticed it after listening to music like that after a couple days, it's probably just temporary.

Best of luck, it's annoying as hell.
Last edited by NoBC14 at Jun 7, 2013,
play the same frequency in your right ear, balance it out
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by genghisgandhi
It might not be permanent. How long has it been there?

Luckily only 2 days. My hearing got really bad a few days ago so I've had to pan the shit outta the headphones. Usually I'd not worry until a week or so but l've only just realised how much I've been abusing that ear lately.
Quote by Duffman123
I blame my mp3 player for having such advanced technology tbh

I would call whatever company made it and ask them what the hell they were thinking
Quote by NoBC14
I would call whatever company made it and ask them what the hell they were thinking

It's a pretty standard feature with a lot of audio equipment, you're just not meant to abuse the hell out of it like I did >_>

Sorry to hear about your own case, tinnitus is horrible no matter how subtle.
Quote by Duffman123
I blame my mp3 player for having such advanced technology tbh

You should totally sue them and ruin it for everyone.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
You should totally sue them and ruin it for everyone.

I actually put some open sourced firmware on it for extra features. So I couldn't even sue them

My stupidly never fails to amaze me.
Right I posted this thread because I couldn't get to sleep and wanted closure on my stupidity. I'm away to bed now, cheers you guys

Feel free to talk about how great Gang of Four are while I'm asleep kbye
Well did you really have to listen to music that bad that you couldn't go a few days without it after what happened to the right ear? If that happened to me, logic would kick in pretty fast and I'd think "we'll I went a lil overboard on the right side, and I don't need music to keep me alive so I'll just lay off a few days."
A bassist is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.

The Pit operates under a pseudo-Murphy’s Law state of mind. You can make a comment and "whatever wrong assumption that can be made about it, will be made about it."
I have mild case of tinnitus myself. It's kinda shitty, and it gets much worse after jamming through a cranked amp for a few hours, but I'm too young to be concerned about my health and what not.
banned
Yeah tinnitus is a bitch. Hopefully yours goes away, man.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
that was pretty stupid but you might recover being a young whipper snapper and all
Quote by CodeMonk
So this deafness is off and on?
Clean the wax out of your ears.
Better yet, have a doctor do it for you.
Don't use a damn Q-Tip.

+100000
This has happened to me a few times. The custom in France seems to be to do it yourself, with a squeezy thing that sucks up water and you blast it into your ear (same thing doctors do) so I did that last time and it seemed to work.
Protip though: you can get tinnitus from this treatment, whether a doctor does it or not. I suspect that's why my tinnitus is so bad.
I read 'Gang of Four' as 'Party of Five'. Who has the real problem?
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
I've had mild tinnitus for the last few years, ever since i stood right next to the pa at a crashdiet gig when i was 16. Tbh I got used to it pretty fast and it doesnt really bother me, I only really notice if i concentrate on it or if theres no other sound, so you might be fine
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Quote by deadsmileyface
I have mild case of tinnitus myself. It's kinda shitty, and it gets much worse after jamming through a cranked amp for a few hours, but I'm too young to be concerned about my health and what not.

The same here.
Quote by James Hetfield
Justice is lost, Justice is raped, Justice is GONE.

http://www.youtube.com/intwernet
Guitar and acoustic bass covers with creative editing
Quote by Burgery
play the same frequency in your right ear, balance it out

play a harmonious frequency in the other ear
aim for an M3
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
I get a ringing every now and then in both ears... Kind of annoying.

Ever since I noticed it, I started wearing hearing protection whenever doing anything loud.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Quote by Duffman123
It's a pretty standard feature with a lot of audio equipment, you're just not meant to abuse the hell out of it like I did >_>

Sorry to hear about your own case, tinnitus is horrible no matter how subtle.

I'm sorry, but

On topic, I also have a mild case of it. Like, it comes about once a month for a few hours. It's weird. But yeah, after a particularly loud gig or something my ears ring for a day or two, but then goes away, you should be fine.

Though, like others, I've learnt to start wearing hearing protection. T'is a good idea.
Sue your manufacturer for giving you the idea that was used for the hearing impaired, an actually worsened your symptoms.
Err little update.

Went to the doctors, told me there's a shit load of wax in my ear which is the reason why I'm deaf and most likely why I have tinnitus. It's really quite loud atm so I hope so.

Cool story etc
You'll be roit m8
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
I hope it's not permanent man. Getting tinnitus is one of my biggest fears, but I don't think it's gotten to me yet. I can still hear the "mosquito tone" and my ears only seem to ring after I've been to a loud concert.

Anyway, best of luck, hope your hearing problems get sorted out.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
Page 1 of 2