Page 1 of 3
Yeah he was a complete asshole, an ungrateful piece of shit. It was a signing, basically he just looked down at the table, didn't look up or talk, I went up with my copy of Among the Living and said "Whats up,man,How are ye"- nothing-zilch, didn't say anything signed it brushed it aside and that was it, for someone who has made one maybe 2 decent albums buried in a sea of mediocrity I don't know what he has to be high and mighty about.
I don't know who that is.

But what if his girlfriend just broke up with him? And he went to the signing anyways? Even though he didn't have to? But he did? Out of the kindness of his heart? Just think of the possibilities!
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Maybe he was just having a shit day? We all have them.

Nah, I just typed in google, "Scott Ian douche", and apparently this is very common of him.
If I had to sit in front of a bunch of fat smelly middle-aged men and 12 year old mallcore metalheads I'd just want to sit there silent and not talk to any of them too.
Maybe he is rude to fans like you that constantly pester him. He's more or less like a zoo animal in that sort of situation. In fact, if I were in his position I would flat out refuse to sign any autographs at all.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by lemmyisgod97
for someone who has made one maybe 2 decent albums buried in a sea of mediocrity I don't know what he has to be high and mighty about.

SO WHY DID YOU GO SEE HIM, YOU BEANPOLE?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
This thread is full of ******s.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
give him a break, guy is bald n shit
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
"Whats up, man, how are ye?"

I'd ignore you too.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Signings in themselves are kind of inheritantly crappy, the most you can really expect is a 'thanks for coming, keep buying my music, NEXT!', but the fact that you didn't even get that is extra douchey. I kind of think, if you don't want the attention, if you don't want to deal with people, then don't promise that you will, otherwise you're just letting people down. Plenty of musicians don't do signings because they don't think it's a sincere way to interact with their audience, they'd rather talk with fans who came to see their performances. Some musicians however, see the financial power in backslapping with record store chains, and the money overpowers their sensibilities.

Seems to happen a lot with the 'Big Four', they've all just become shallow brand names selling the 'metal image' to teenagers and chart-music fans. Ce la vie...
Quote by EqualOfHeaven
Seems to happen a lot with the 'Big Four', they've all just become shallow brand names selling the 'metal image' to teenagers and chart-music fans. Ce la vie...

lol like they weren't that before.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
I don't know who that is.

But what if his girlfriend just broke up with him? And he went to the signing anyways? Even though he didn't have to? But he did? Out of the kindness of his heart? Just think of the possibilities!

This made me laugh.
Quote by CrazyPigeon
The Damned Things were pretty good.

Yah.

Only because of Keith, though.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
That sucks, he's always seemed pretty decent in interviews. I don't think mass signings are the way to go. If I ever did something like that, I'd hold a Q&A/Discussion and then offer to sign people's stuff, you know, give the fans the interaction they deserve. Going somewhere just to have someone sign something and not actually meet them is fucking horseshit lame as a fan, and it has to be damn boring for the signer.
Quote by Tom 1.0
I'd ignore you too.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Yeah Tom Hess sucks
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Don't tell me you wouldn't do the exact same thing eventually in his position. Having fans would be nice but that doesn't mean they all have to be your friend all of a sudden.

Yeah, he might be a bit of a douche, but that's not the point. You're jumping to conclusions.

Quote by JustRooster
TS is dissing his music after buying his book, haha.

and also this
Don't know about Scott, but Rob Caggiano seemed pretty cool when I met him at Haight Ashbury Music last year. Had a short convo about the newer Marshall stuff, didn't realise it was him til one of the employees told me.
Please get buttmad more, TS.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I smiled at a cute girl on the bus and she completely ignored me. What a slut!
Last edited by toine at Jun 8, 2013,
Dealing with hundreds of idiot fans and,for that matter giving constant interviews to the press many of whom are not professional must be stressful as f*ck. Forget it.
Quote by SlinkyBlue

The solution is simple and obvious.

We revolt against ourselves. Mass suicide. The ultimate revolution.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
Don't know about Scott, but Rob Caggiano seemed pretty cool when I met him at Haight Ashbury Music last year. Had a short convo about the newer Marshall stuff, didn't realise it was him til one of the employees told me.

But all metal fans are idiots
why should these guys have to put up with humouring idiots all day
Quote by Ian_the_fox

Rob's in Volbeat now, he's really good with them too.
Quote by HardRock369
You mean my mom was lying when she said I was smart enough to be anything when I was younger?

My life is a lie.

You should enrol in college so you can drop out of college
Quote by Hydra150
You should enrol in college so you can drop out of college

Good idea, no point in wasting time. I'm thinking moving back in with my parents, maybe putting my bed in the basement. You guys know any popular MMO's?
I hear world of warcraft is popular with your type
Tbf, not everyone at signings has to be a knob. I went to a Caitlin Moran signing and we chatted for a bit and I got her to write a message to the friend I was signing the book for, and she was lovely.

Plus, she doesn't look like this:

which doesn't hurt.
Page 1 of 3