I'm looking at possibly buying a guitar that doesn't have fret markers. THis seems like it could be really confusing. Do other people have this problem?
No fret markers on the side, or no inlays? Big difference.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Not having inlays, but having side fret markers was awesome (sold the guitar). I rarely angled my fretboard to see the inlays (because there were none) to see what fret I was on. And, it looked badass.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Quote by AWACS
Not having inlays, but having side fret markers was awesome (sold the guitar). I rarely angled my fretboard to see the inlays (because there were none) to see what fret I was on. And, it looked badass.

Fretless is even more badass!

Think about it this way: learning to not stare at the fret markers will make you look better on stage.
As long as there are markers on the side, it's not too bad at all. I got used to it very quickly. I can't see the fret board really anyway when I'm playing so it wasn't really an issue. I think a guitar looks better without them anyway.
I have a guitar without any markers and it's just fine for me. If you're used to looking at the fretboard, you might have to adjust a bit, but in the end, I don't think you'll have a lot of problems.
Won't be a problem - maybe a little odd at first but you'll find muscle memory will keep you where you need to be