ok so I'm about a week away from being able to play you could be mine by guns n roses ( can play it at 80% speed without ****ing up ,all Lead and Rythem parts etc, )in your opinion guys where would you place this song skill level ??

also when I say play it I also mean I'm standing up with the guitar it's not ultra low but it's not Beatles high either somewhere in the middle we will say
What does it matter?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by wld-kid
just wanna see what level I'm at

Don't think about guitar in levels. It's pointless. If you wanna know how good you are, that's easy: you're good enough to play what you can play.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Levels are subjective, as you improve with your ability, your idea of skill levels required for each song will change, you mention Beatles being high level, and I'd never consider them high level, as there are far more challenging pieces to play. What you don't want to do is learn to play Beatles and go 'Yep, I'm an expert guitarist', as you won't improve. Also, your level of ability will change the way you play things, I've met so many people who've played for 6 months and can play all the notes to Guns N Roses, but when you compare their rendition to that of someone who's been playing for six years, the quality is much higher. In the grand scheme of things, You Could Be Mine isn't that difficult, it's not quite Cliffs Of Dover, which, in turn, isn't quite Sea Of Lies, which isn't quite Under A Glass Moon, which isn't quite Moonlight Sonata's Third Movement, and so on and so on.

It's good that you're identifying pieces of music that are harder to play, as they'll make you a better guitarist, but a huge part of guitar playing is knowing that you can always be better, and that for every guitarist, somewhere there's a player that's better than them. Everyone thinks it's game over when a guy comes in and plays Flight Of The Bumblebees at 800bpm, and then a guy comes and plays it at 1000bpm. The rule I live by with guitar is that the guitarists that are truly experts will never believe themselves to be experts, I've mentioned Under A Glass Moon, and some of Petrucci's solos since then have made it look basic, as he's always improving his technique, and he's held in very high regard by the guitar community.
Quote by CelestialGuitar
Levels are subjective, as you improve with your ability, your idea of skill levels required for each song will change, you mention Beatles being high level, and I'd never consider them high level, as there are far more challenging pieces to play.

I think he was talking about his strap-length
baab
Quote by steven seagull
What does it matter?

^ This. There are no levels in playing guitar. If you think that you've played too much guitar hero..