The month of gear-whoring continues:

Got this for 70€ used (but in nearly new condition).

One hell of a pedal actually.

Very nicely tweakable, there are MANY cool wah-tones to be found in there.

The auto-on feature is nice, but I don't have an idea if I'll use that or just the foot-switch, band-rehearsals and gigs will show.

So far I didn't have more than an hour to play with it and I could only play around with it through the THR, but I'm already more than impressed.

I kinda wish I would have bought this one in the first place, not the Hammett wah. :banghead:

So far my favourite setting is Range cranked, Q cranked and LO almost off on the LOW setting. Now that's a throaty, guttural yet very vocal sounding wah!

Overall it has a more crybaby-ish tone to it IMO, but it still has some own character. Kind of rounder/smoother in the top end, yet bity enough for the funky "bow-chicka-wow-wow" tones.

Here 3 clips of different settings, of course it can do much more tones than these, but I felt like there should be something more vintage-sounding, something more modern/standard and something crazy.

Everything set to noon:
https://soundcloud.com/mrvaroudy/ibanez-wd7-everything-at-12

Hendrix:
https://soundcloud.com/mrvaroudy/ibanez-wd7-voodoo-child

My crazy favourite setting:
https://soundcloud.com/mrvaroudy/ibanez-wd7-personal-favourite
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
HNPD man! I have one of them too, definately one of the best wahs I've tried!
Main Rig
ESP LTD MH-350NT
Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey
Peavey 6505+ 112 w/ 2x12 (Celestion Vintage 30 and WGS Veteran 30)
[Effects Loop] Boss GE-7 > Boss CE-5 > TC Electronic Flashback
What are you using to record the Yamaha? I think I might have to pick up the THRX.
Looks nice. HNPD!
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Sputnik1
What are you using to record the Yamaha? I think I might have to pick up the THRX.

Everything on my Soundcloud account is recorded through the THR10X using Reaper so far.
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
wow nice score. that sounds awesome, killer playing too
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
THat sound amazing.

The last one reminds me of something Jerry Cantrell would use for some reason.

HNWahD
Main Rig:

Epiphone MKH Les Paul Custom 7 - Ronda
Ibanez RG8 "Scarlet" - AKA The Rambanez
Fender Strat "Danielle"/"Dani"
Line 6 POD HD Pro
Randall XL 4x12

Come join us...

Purchase list: Jim Root Tele, Jim Root Jazzmaster, MTM20
Thanks for the kind words.

I just wish I would have bought this one the first time.
Very nice sounding, very versatile. Also doesn't hurt your ears when it's in the toe-down position as a Crybaby would.

Taste in gear obviously changes, maybe even my Rebel will have to go.
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
no problem

dangit now i think i have gas for one too
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
BTW, even more sh*t is on the way already.
This is going to be the summer of gear for me.
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
I used to have a Weeping Demon and loved it, but I think I left it behind at a gig somewhere

I don't use wah that much though so it hasn't been replaced.

Jackson RR3 Rhoads and DK2M Dinky
Peavey 6505+ w/ Avatar 212 cab
Ibanez TS9, ISP Decimator, MXR 10 Band EQ
-Digitech RP1000
Quote by JesusCrisp
BTW, even more sh*t is on the way already.
This is going to be the summer of gear for me.

that sounds nearly as good as the summer of george
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?