I'm looking for a real cheap entry level mandolin. Something that I can learn to play on and record some easier stuff with. My maximum price range as of right now is around $150, and I have no trouble going used. Any suggestions?
http://www.rondomusic.com/acoustics.html

Great site. Cheap, but quality too (well quality for the price you pay). I bought a guitar off the site a long time ago and it was a good buy.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Honestly when it comes to mandolins you're really not going to find something decent in that price level, unless you luck out on something used.

Mandolins are very different from guitars. Some people seem to think that because they are smaller they will cost less for the same quality, but this is not true at all. First of all, make sure you get a solid wood instrument. Don't buy a "laminated" wood instrument (that's just a fancy name for plywood).

Also keep in mind that because a mandolin is smaller, flaws in the setup have a proportionately larger impact on playing. A mediocre setup can render even a $1000+ instrument almost unplayable. This becomes even more of a factor on cheap instruments. And if you are new to the instrument, you probably won't know what a good mandolin setup feels like, so you might have to get it professionally setup the first time.

You might say "well, you know, it's just to learn on, so why does it matter if it's setup the right way" but the thing is... if it's not set up, it will be almost impossible to even learn on, and nobody wants to learn on an instrument that is borderline unplayable anyway.

I'd say just save up a little bit more and buy a KM-150. If you wait for a sale, you can get one from GC or another chain for about $200 new.

Quote by naedauuf
http://www.rondomusic.com/acoustics.html

Great site. Cheap, but quality too (well quality for the price you pay). I bought a guitar off the site a long time ago and it was a good buy.

Guitarists (particularly electric guitarists) need to learn that, while this might sound like good advice in theory because it works with electric guitars, it really is not true at all when it comes to other instruments.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Like I said, for the price he isn't going to find any better. It'll sound like a mandolin, but for $80 do you want a world class one? You aren't getting that anywhere without shelling out some serious cash. I think it'll be find to learn on.
Quote by MetalGS3SE

Quote by naedauuf
Like I said, for the price he isn't going to find any better. It'll sound like a mandolin, but for $80 do you want a world class one? You aren't getting that anywhere without shelling out some serious cash. I think it'll be find to learn on.

Look m8, just because you can get a guitar that's fine to learn on for that price doesn't mean that the same is true for other instruments, a'ight?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Nah, pretty sure you're wrong.
Quote by MetalGS3SE