I'm a bit worried about my classical guitar being set up with the action too high.

This is measured at the 12th fret. For the high e string the height is the same.

This is, obviously, at the 1st fret.

The bridge was too high when I first got it but I sanded down the bone saddle a bit. Now the high e string is very close to touching the wood saddle holder. And again the action of the low E and high e are pretty equal (despite the angle which was like that when I bought the guitar).

The guitar feels fine to play. No fret buzz, the neck is straight. Only, after about the 8th fret the action feels high. Pic related is 12th fret.

Is a classical guitar supposed to have that level of action or not? How do I fix it if it's too high (since I've already sanded down the saddle as far as it can go)?
"Happiness is... a bottle of booze in one hand and my faithful guitar in the other hand."

E. Guitar: Epiphone Goth Explorer
Schecter Diamond Series Damien 7
Cl. Guitar: Höfner HF-12
Amp: Roland Cube 40XL
Last edited by Akula KO at Jun 9, 2013,
4mm on the low E 12th fret is fairly standard. However, it can vary. So yours looks a smidgen high. I had the same problem with one of my classical guitars and I sanded down the saddle. You said you already did that so honestly I don't think there is much you can do. I have heard of people sanding the nut down but I personally wouldn't do it.
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
I just really want to know if the action is normal/acceptable for a classical or not. If this is normal, well, I'll adapt to the higher strings.
"Happiness is... a bottle of booze in one hand and my faithful guitar in the other hand."

E. Guitar: Epiphone Goth Explorer
Schecter Diamond Series Damien 7
Cl. Guitar: Höfner HF-12
Amp: Roland Cube 40XL
It is normal for classical guitars to have higher action. 5mm or so is in the ballpark of what it should be. It does take a little getting used to.
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off