Hey,

I've a Peavey Transtube amp, and I want to achieve the sound of tube amp.
Will is satify if I buy a EHX LPB-2ube pedal and put it in front of my amp?

Thanks in advance.
Depends on what you mean by "the sound of a tube amp". To me, that's the breaking up of the power section of an amp being cranked. If you just want some distortion thats more responsive and dynamic, than the LPB might work for you. A few others to check out are the Seymour Duncan twin tube pedals and if you can find one used, a Tubeworks Realtube unit. If you're after that power amp kind of deal, a tube compressor can get you in the ballpark. Something like an Electro Harmonix Black Finger or a Maxon RTC600 would work.

Hope this helps.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
i dunno, but i suspect probably not
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
No it will not
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
You could run it into the Return of your amp to make a hybrid amp.

My experience leads me to believe that the poweramp is the more important part of the tube amp equation though.

It's a more about the feel than the sound IMO. How the amp responds to your attack. Things that other people can't really quantify, but you know and you feel.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Why not just get another amp?
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Why not just get another amp?

This is what I came here to say.

Why try & buy loads of stuff to simulate a tube amp, when you could just sell what you currently have and actually buy a tube amp?

Seems like common sense to me.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The LPB-2ube is just a linear gain pedal with a tube preamp. You'll get about as much tube tone with that thing plugged into your amp as you would with a Valvetronix, which is to say not very much.
I'm just going to throw this out there, but I feel like all (many) people really want is the idea of a tube amp. If you slap a label on it that says "All Tube Circuitry," it will automatically get much better reviews and will sell way more. Then you start getting all these buzz words thrown in like "warm tube tone" and "great tube breakup" which really means almost nothing anymore. A "warm tone" used to mean it emphasizes the mid range, but it's become a synonym for "good" to people who want to sound like they know what they're talking about. Now-a-days, if it's a tube amp, it has a warm tone -- regardless of the fact that there are some very scooped sounding tube amps, and some very mid-heavy solid state amps, but you never hear anyone calling a solid state amp "warm."

Another idiosyncrasy to go along with this is how only tube distortion is good distortion... unless it comes from a pedal, then its perfectly fine! Plenty of people use pedals in their main sound, but if that same circuit is built into an amp? It must be terrible because, after all, solid state amps suck, right?

I have nothing against tube amps at all. If I did, I wouldn't own 3 of them. This is just a pet peeve of mine. My whole point is that if it sounds good, go for it. Stop worrying about whether or not it has a "real tube sound" or not. All that matters is if it sounds good to you. Adding tubes in randomly along your setup is not going to change that.

/rant
Last edited by ExDementia at Jun 10, 2013,
Quote by ExDementia

/rant

+1
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
for the real lulz go to tgp to see how they describe tones.

also i like to know what i'm buying. I don't see anything wrong with that. You can put a pedal inside your "tube" amp if you want, but if you're not straight with me I'm gonna be pissed, and with good cause. If I bought an all-butter croissant and it turned out to be packed with margarine, even if it tasted good i'd be well within my rights to be pissed (because margarine is cheaper, apart from anything else).

Similar thing with the tube thing.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?