Hi Guys i have the opportunity to buy a 1965 Fender duo sonic for around 600 dollars its in mint condition and has some mods from the 70's Ibanez super 70 Flying Fingers Humbucking Pickup in the bridge and The orig. bridge was replaced w/ a floyd rose or f.r. locking type of bridge, the seller said that the person who replaced the pickup didnt do a great job soldering it and it will cut out every now and then which i can probably easily fix. my question is its been sitting around in its case for 30 years anything i should look for as far as damage goes could sitting in a case that long hurt it at all? sorry if these are dumb questions haha i would love to give this to my dad as a birthday present he would absolutely love it and i cant really see too many negatives! thanks for any info you can give!

(Invalid img)
Make sure anything that turns is able to turn. So that any screws haven't rusted or threaded. Especially truss rod and intonation screws.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Quote by ExDementia
Are you sure it isn't a reissue? That seems kind of low for an original that looks that clean. Also, I don't remember them ever coming with humbuckers -- unless it was routed for them after the fact.

im sure its an original the humbuckers as well the bridge system were mod's done in the 70's
its been sitting in its case since then he had it listed for 800 a few weeks ago guess he couldnt sell it and dropped the price
Quote by Lavatain
Make sure anything that turns is able to turn. So that any screws haven't rusted or threaded. Especially truss rod and intonation screws.

Thanks for the tip will look out for it!
Quote by jordan.shoemake
im sure its an original the humbuckers as well the bridge system were mod's done in the 70's
its been sitting in its case since then he had it listed for 800 a few weeks ago guess he couldnt sell it and dropped the price
Do you have the serial number? 1960's Duo Sonics go for $1,200-$2,000 depending on the condition, so either he has no idea what it's worth or there is something that he is not telling you.
Quote by ExDementia
Do you have the serial number? 1960's Duo Sonics go for $1,200-$2,000 depending on the condition, so either he has no idea what it's worth or there is something that he is not telling you.

I Do and everything checks out im thinking he might not understand what the real value is is it worth less if its not totally stock? also what are some good things to look out for to make sure something isnt wrong with it?